• Registrácia nového člena
  • Získaj PLUSPRO
  • Odporúčame: Mojasvadba.skModrastrecha.sk
  • Prihlás sa
  • Registrácia nového člena
  • Získaj PLUSPRO

English writing

13. februára 2014 
I see. The same in my case. The thing is taht studying psychology in external form is impossible. :unamused: So we'll meet at graduation ceremony in jun. :grinning:
12. apr 2008 o 13:13  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Sharlotta, do you study :confused:
12. apr 2008 o 13:17  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
I had my last state exam in january. I studied european studies and ethics.
12. apr 2008 o 13:19  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
really? I didn´t know, so you have already finished your exams and now waiting for grad. ceremony?
12. apr 2008 o 13:27  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Yesss. I should have finished two years ago but...the circumstances.... :sweat_smile:
12. apr 2008 o 13:28  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Laziness mainly...
12. apr 2008 o 13:30  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
:wink: ok, my dear, I´m going to study :confounded:
it was very nice to talk to you :sunglasses:
12. apr 2008 o 13:47  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
hi girls,

these two days - terrible :sweat_smile: yesterday I spent hours looking for some shoes (not succesfull :frowning2: ) and I was at school, too, in the evening we had a dinner in restaurant - my colleague was celebrating her birthday so she invited us... I arrived home sooooooooo tired and exhausted...
Today? Busy from morning, too. I did some shopping (oh, how I hate shops and roaming from one to another... :angry: )
If only I could buy bread and milk through the net :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

and what makes me really unfine are those terrible pains in my coxae and now even in all around it :unamused:
Today when I woke up I thought I wouldn´t get myself from the bed how it was aching :unamused:
12. apr 2008 o 17:17  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Hi girls,
I was also busy today,shopping and then cooking and then I was so tired I had a nap with my daughter and we slept almost 3 hours :wink:

Sharlotta-sometimes I have the same feelings about teaching.And if you are not satisfied it´s the highest time to change your job,otherwise we would hear about another "burn out" syndrome.

Lasenka-hoe about your studies?
12. apr 2008 o 18:50  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Hi,

I haven ´t "read" you for ages ... I was finishing my diploma thesis and I did my last exam before state exams ... everything completed successfully

lasenka : I also study in Nitra, CPU(Constantine the Philosopher University) and I am also finishing this year- hopefully But my first exams will be in May / Pedagogy and then English, in August or September I think ... So my graduation ceremony is quite far :unamused: but I` ve bought a dress recently - for this occasion :wink:
12. apr 2008 o 20:05  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Annili-what was the topic of your diploma thesis?-and what about your plans for future?Do you want to go abroad or work here in Slovakia?
12. apr 2008 o 22:54  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Hi ladies.How was your weekend?
13. apr 2008 o 19:50  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
hi, etuska ...
My diploma thesis was computer assisted English language teaching ... a little bit technical for a language teacher but I` m so proud I` ve done it. My children were so involved in learning that I was surprised.
And my plans... teaching English at primary or secondary school ... I like it but it` s a horrible job and very bad-paid, too ... probably as a private teacher or I`ll change my job. I really don` t know now. I`m married so I don` t want to go abroad anymore and I would like to have a child but I` ve realised recently that it`s not so easy as I thought :unamused:
And what about you? I see you´ve got a child. Are you a teacher, too?
13. apr 2008 o 19:59  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
hi,girls.annili my private teacher is content with her job.
13. apr 2008 o 20:55  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
annili - that sounds very interesting :slight_smile: I would have some ideas about that as I use PC and internet a lot when I teach :slight_smile:

annili - what about your teaching plans - I work as a private teacher, too - I´ve got my own company (public limited company) and I employ myself in my own company :slight_smile: I teach in kindergartens and I travel to some families but most of my students come to me so I teach at home :slight_smile: that´s great because I will be able to work also during my maternity leave :slight_smile: at least two students a day and that doesn´t have to be every day :slight_smile:

So if u are interested in my advice - this is sure the better way as it´s well paid (for example my 45-minute lesson costs 200,- SK when it´s at home so that I don´t have to travel, if I travel - plus travel expenses, at kindergartens 300,- or sometimes more than 400,- sk per 30 minutes (depends on the amount of children).
Of course, when I have a little course with more than three people - it´s also more :slight_smile: so it really isn´t bad :slight_smile:

and do u also translate?
14. apr 2008 o 08:56  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
hi weroni,
thank you very much for your ideas and advice. Private teacher sounds good to me, too.

I like the way I´ve organized your job and joined with maternity leave. A great inspiration :wink:

I don´t translate officially, maybe in the future

And what about teaching in a kindergarten? One of my colleagues also teaches there but she´s a primary teacher. I also teach primary classes although I am a secondary teacher. But it´s always fun. Older students aren´t so creative and spontaneous.

and oh, I wish you good luck on 7 June :wink: You still don´t know the sex - ugly word for a baby - do you ? You´ve chosen interesting names.
14. apr 2008 o 20:15  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
annili: :slight_smile:

what about teaching in kindergartens - that´s simply a great job :slight_smile: I am really mad about kids that was why I started teaching in nursery schools :slight_smile: it´s very interesting and funny job, even though it´s difficult :slight_smile: It isn´t as easy as with older students who are able to sit and listen to what u are telling them :slight_smile:
With these kids you still have to invent some games, they need to move a lot as they aren´t able to focus their minds on something for longer than 5 minutes :wink: that´s why our lesson is full of moving, skipping, dancing, running, and these activities are broken by several minutes of sitting :slight_smile:

I could really write a lot about this work - so just for imagination: For example when we are going to learn food and drink - we prepare the little tables like in a shop - then put real or toy food and drink on it, but not many pieces - just few because they can´t get too many new expressions at once.
Then I introduce the food and drink to the children saying "this is bread", or "this is milk". Then I choose one child (who is sitting quietly :wink: :grinning:) and ask him or her "What would you like?" and she or he must answer "I would like some bread". Then I take the bread and give it to the child saying "Here you are". The child must say "thanks" :slight_smile:
Of course, then I am off the game - kids are changing to be seller or customer :slight_smile:

Then there is a "moving while" :grinning: we use to play the "statue game" - I tell the kids what they must do, for example "skip", or "touch your shoulders and dance" or "put your right hand on your left knee and turn around" - I must invent the craziest combinations so that they are laughing and happy :slight_smile: then all of sudden I tell them "stop" and they must stop moving themselves :slight_smile: I start going around them - and touch them - like trying if they move or not - if they are "real statues" :slight_smile: they love this game - especially when I touch for example their ribs or knees :grinning:

then I can say "touch something big and green" :slight_smile: or "put your toes under your chair" or "touch the pink skirt" :slight_smile: and they look for the said thing and touch it :slight_smile:
14. apr 2008 o 21:27  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
annili - there´s really so much to write about this work :slight_smile:

sometimes we play that one child lies down on the floor and is a "plate" and I order various crazy things and kids bring them to me and then I say on which body part they must put them - and when the lying child is full of toys, food, colours, then we pretend we are eating it all :slight_smile: we simply must do crazy things - that´s what kids love and when they are able to learn best :slight_smile:

and what about my due date - thanks :slight_smile: I chose those names with my husband because I don´t like too commong names - I wanted to name my child in different way than most of people. And I was also very interested in the name´s meaning - for example Alex means "defender" and Ester is "star" :slight_smile: and they both do fit with the surname :slight_smile:

what about u? do u have children?
14. apr 2008 o 21:31  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
where´s everybody? :confused:
15. apr 2008 o 20:30  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Weroni-I´m here,but won´t be long,have to work :frowning2:
15. apr 2008 o 20:35  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
etus: seems you´ve been really busy these days... today I had a very short translation - just an auditor report :slight_smile: two pages - and it´s strange but it brought me a taste for new translation :grinning: usually when I finish some translation I don´t want to see any other for a certain time but this time it was different :slight_smile: maybe because I am becoming tired of travelling to kindergartens and families and I need a little softer work :slight_smile:
15. apr 2008 o 21:40  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Weroni-yeah,I´ve been busy recently,but still keep visiting this page for entertainment and relax. I also did one -page translation od an abstract today-during my free lesson :angry:
And I´m about to finish one document needed for my job application.

To be honest-I´m sick and tired of school,to be concrete-the byrocracy...I also dream about my own language school :slight_smile: ...but now,I´d rather work in a book shop-honestly
15. apr 2008 o 21:47  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
etuska - I know that feeling - when you have too much work then you lose taste for more...sometimes when I had many translations at the same time I wanted to take a spade and go to the garden :grinning: yes - when u work too much psychically u need some physic work :wink:
but it´s funny with me now - I usually find doing translations more difficult than making crazy things with kids all the day - but now I´m becoming tired of so much moving and transport - and maybe that´s why I´d prefer sitting by the pc and translating :grinning: I wonder how long this will last :grinning:
15. apr 2008 o 21:56  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
...you should relax now...But I didn´t myselg when I was pregnant either.In fact I took the most difficult exam of my studies 3 weeks before Michelle was born :slight_smile:
15. apr 2008 o 21:58  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
etuska, well, probably it´s really too much for me now - work, school, preparations for our house building, household, preparing for the baby´s arrival...
I planned to work until the half of May but it seems I will just work until the end of this month - I want to enjoy the last month of my pregnancy. And there will also be my school-leaving exams since 19th to 23rd May so I will learn and study some days before it...
15. apr 2008 o 22:12  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
...so you have also busy weeks :slight_smile: Good night Weroni :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face: :rolling_eyes:
15. apr 2008 o 22:23  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
good night etus and wish u quick and easy work :slight_smile:
15. apr 2008 o 22:24  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Hi everybody, I havent been here for a while, you are all good writters, is good to read it. Written part of state examinaton in english will be taken on 7.5., so just in 3 weeks time. I am so nervous, do you remember to passing this exam??? what can I expect?? :unamused:
I envy everobody of you who can teach kids english. I always wanted to do it, but I am not really patient person, so I am not sure about it. Do you teach even your own kids??? I speak to charlie in czech, but some words I am trying to say in english but I am not sure that wont confuse her.
Have a good day, we have a rainy day so I think we stay at home all day :frowning2:
16. apr 2008 o 12:02  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
charlinka are u going to do the State Exam? What kind (basic, general, special?) and where?
I took it at the State Language School in Bratislava - Palisady.

What I remember is this: There was:
- reading comprehension (article with questions about it)
- translation (slovak-english I think)
- composition (we had three topics to select)
- dictation (since this I remember the word "jeopardize") :grinning: because I wrote it wrong :grinning:

well, good luck then :slight_smile:

Charli if u´ve got an opportunity to get the "Slovak spectator" - you can find it on the net - there are many articles that use to be used at hese exams :wink:
16. apr 2008 o 12:41  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Hi weroni, thanks for info. I am going to take it in Nitra, it is the nearest school for me. It"s only basic state exam, but with my grammar I dont know how I will manage it.
Slovak spectator??? I am not sure I know what it is??? but I will have a look on google.
If I had only one word wrong like you, I would be more then happy :wink: I am sure, you will remember jeopardize for ever :wink:
17. apr 2008 o 12:17  • Odpovedz  • Páči sa mi to
Choď na stranu:   Zruš
Tvoj príspevok