English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

ausencia
21. máj 2008

hello. what will you do this holiday?? because my boyfriend and me are going to London... we go working at the hotel as staff...and i think that my English is so poor.. HELP ME!!! 😔

etuska
21. máj 2008

Ausencia-I think you only need to practice it, so be brave! 🙂

weroni
22. máj 2008

hi girls, how are u? etus - what about school leaving exams? Are they already over?

etuska
29. jún 2008

Hi everybody,
I can see that everybody is busy including me 😀 😀 😀

digysa
30. jún 2008

Hi everybody. I just noticed this thread (room, forum) and I’m thinking to myself...what a great idea. It has one problem, though. We are all moms and I see it can get pretty quiet in here...since at home it never gets quiet. I see nobody contributed here since May.
What about a little survey? Can you guys tell me who here is teaching your kids to speak English? I teach the opposite. I teach my son Slovak.

etuska
30. jún 2008

Digysa-I try 😀 cause we are moving to an English speaking country soon...But I try to do it naturally-our daughter only watches fairy-tales in English, we listen to nursery rhymes and songs ....And I ´ve been talking to my husband in English recently as I want her to be curious and thus to start learning English. 🙂

Digysa-where do you live?

etuska
24. júl 2008

hello ladies.Where are you?Nobody eager to practice English? 🙂

duskaf
24. júl 2008

Hello etuska. I am breastfeeding my Veronka and reading, finding your words and I am curious- How are you, how do you manage things? Sorry my English is out of practise.

etuska
24. júl 2008

Hi Duska,nice to see you here 🙂 I´m fine,although a bit lonely now as my husband went to work.I´m expecting call tomorrow,they shoul tell me whether I was successful on interview to my new work 😉

duskaf
24. júl 2008

I will definitely keep my fingers cross. My friend living in England felt the same you are writing about. First her husband works during the day and she worked during night in the hospice, now she starts in the hospital as a nurse.

etuska
24. júl 2008

well,if I get the job,I will work as a "care assistant" in nursing home.It´s better than hospice ,these people are elderly,but some are quite well.And we both will work night shifts

kivec
24. júl 2008

Hi girls, it's a very good idea to practice writing English like this. I usually have to speak a lot, but writing is a little bit neglected. Etuska, and what country are you moving to? I live in the UK.

duskaf
24. júl 2008

You will manage I know it. Iam thinking of you.

etuska
24. júl 2008

Duskaf-thanks 🙂
Kivec-we´ve just moved to UK as well,more precisely it is Northern Ireland

etuska
24. júl 2008

Kivec,in fact I´m English and Geography teacher,but I will probably wait up to 4 months until all my documents will be veryfied 😒 ,so I have to do something to earn some money. 😉

kivec
24. júl 2008

I live near Birmingham (West Midlands), and I've been working as a care assistant as well. Now I've been on Maternity leave since 1.July. And where did you learn English? It's very good.

etuska
24. júl 2008

Heh,thanks 🙂 I studied on bilingual grammar school in Kosice and then attended university in Presov

duskaf
24. júl 2008

Girls, itś really nice to read you. I wish my English was a bit better, it would be nice to read some English book again to improve English more, because Iam out of practice. I understand everything but Iam not so brave in discussion and producing English.

kivec
24. júl 2008

Etuska, Your answer had to come before I finished my question. But now I am a little bit nervous to write English when I know that you are an English teacher. Please feel free to correct my mistakes. I am sorry, that you have to work as a care assistant in nursing home. But hopefully not for long.

etuska
24. júl 2008

😠 I wrote pretty long "article" and it´s just disapered ☹ 😠

duskaf
24. júl 2008

etuska- itś horrible. I hate it as well.

kivec
24. júl 2008

Duskaf, I think you are doing very well, my English is not perfect either, but we can only learn if we will practice and this is very good way how to do it. My grammar is very poor, because I learned English by talking to people and don't have any grammar fundamentals. But maybe this will make me to refer to English grammar textbook.

kivec
24. júl 2008

Duskaf and where do you live?

etuska
24. júl 2008

"Every little helps" 🙂 You just need to practice everything-writing,reading magazines,books,simply anything in English,listening to songs or watching films in Enfglish...
Kivec-how long have you been living in UK?

kivec
24. júl 2008

I've been living here for 2 years, with my husband. I am originally a nurse, but my qualification is not recognized here. But I have a really good job, I work (Or I've been working) at a clinic where we provide alternative medicine. It's very interesting and lovely job.

duskaf
24. júl 2008

kivec, Thank you, you are kind. When I was "Young" I had good grammar fundamentals. Now I feel itś poor.
10 Years ago I was in England. I spent 5 months there and it gave me so much.
And when I read you I feel that nice smell of England, I see my Francesca- mother of family I took care of children. For her I wasn´t an aupair.
- It is my sister.- She used to tell everybody.-
It was so stunning, because her skin was black. everybody smiled and she added: Dušana is really my sister, my friend and mother of my children, whwn Iam not at home.
I loved her night talking about everything. I miss her so, so much.

duskaf
24. júl 2008

I live in Košice. I studied in secondary nursing school as well. My studying brunch was a children nurse, but then I studied general nursinf for 5 years and I was a teacher in the secondary nursing school and then in the university of nursing but now Iám studying to become what I relly want to do- to work, to teach children with mentally diseases.

etuska
24. júl 2008

Duska,are you still in touch with Francesca?Maybe you should write her your e-mail address and you can chat 🙂
Kivec-is your Slovak qualification unrecognized in UK,that´s not fair.I´m trying to have my university degree recognized here,although it takes too much energy and money as well,but I just love teaching!When we come back to Slovakia,I´d like to have my own language school-itś my dream 🙂

etuska
24. júl 2008

Duska-I guess,it is pretty difficult job,isn´t it?

kivec
24. júl 2008

Etuska, my qualification is not recognized here for few reasons. First I am out of nursing more than 5 years and I studied on (or at?) Secondary nursing school. Here they study nursing at university, same as in Slovakia now. So I think it's fair enough. My qualification is not recognized even in Slovakia now. Don't worry, I am sure nothing is wrong with your qualification.