English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

duskaf
24. júl 2008

All the time I write her I ask her to send me the mail adress, but she doesn´t.
First thing that the special teacher for special children told us during practical lessons werw:- Itś pretty difficult job and you need the herat full of love, then you will manage.

kivec
24. júl 2008

Duska it's a pitty that you can't keep in touch with Francesca. Do you write her letters? And has she ever answered?

kivec
24. júl 2008

I think I am going to bed now, but hopefully we meet here again. And Duskaf, I'll read your answer tomorrow. Good night for now.

duskaf
24. júl 2008

Good night. Iam going to bed too because soon I am definetely hearing my children: -Wake up mumy, it´s time to wake up.-
See you tomorrow.

etuska
25. júl 2008

Hi girls,sorry for not replying yesterday,but something happened with the Internet access,so I couln´t write properly ☹
My husband has just came from the night shift and he went directly to bed as he was very tired.Iĺl probably go to a shop to buy some food as the whole cousin´s family will come tonight and I´m sure they will be hungry,so I´d rather cook sth.
Have a nice day. 🙂 🙂 🙂

z.g.
25. júl 2008

Hallo, I would like to write a bit about myself. I moved to Northern Ireland 3 weeks ago. I´m here with my familly, I´m 32. I like keeping fit, but now I´m very tired- you know, children... 😝
I love city life, but I like also to get away to the country and go walking.
English writing is not easy...Bye for now...

duskaf
25. júl 2008

Hello girls - z.g nice to meet you.
kivec - I used to keep in touch with Francesca. She used to called me. And she was with me during my wedding day as a . Later I wrote her letters and she always sent me christmass- card. Then she had a baby and now she only writes during Christmass. I suppose she must be busy, because she has5 children.

etuska- How are you today. Have you any good news.
Angelika is on TV. I love it. Iam preparing stuff for tomorrow Guľaš- party in our lovely garden.

duskaf
25. júl 2008

I forgot to write a word in the previous sentence because I wanted to find it in a dictionary. But I forgot. So, Franceska was my bridesmaid.

etuska
25. júl 2008

Hi girls,
Zuzka-welcome!Nice to see you here 😉
I´m preparing dinner for my cousin and his family.They should come from the airport in 30minutes and I´m a bit angry because we bought a lot of food in Iceland and they shoul deliver it ,but unfortunatelly they are not coming 😠

I´m looking forward to the meeting with my relatives.
Duska-if you mean whether I have some news about jobs-I don´t.Iĺl call there on Monday to ask.
Have a nice evening 😵

duskaf
25. júl 2008

etuska I hope that the meal is coming in time.

skolara
25. júl 2008

hi girls 😀
can I join you?
😕

duskaf
25. júl 2008

skolara, welcome.

weroni
26. júl 2008

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, this topic is alive? 🙂

kivec
26. júl 2008

Hi Weroni, I see you have a beautiful daughter Ester, we are going to have a girl as well and she is going to be Esther as well. I hope she will be as beautiful as yours.

How is your motherhood going?

etuska
26. júl 2008

Hi girls,I´m also happy that you are chatting here 🙂 Everything was fine yesterday,the dinner was delicious I hope-for me it was as I was quite hungry 🙂 We are about to go to the town centre to buy some things.Hopefully we will be in our "own " house next week.
Have a nice day 🙂

kivec
26. júl 2008

Etuska, are you going to buy a house or are you going to rent? And where do you live now?(I mean house) Do you
share with somebody?

I am happy for you, that everything went well yesterday. And what did you have for dinner?

etuska
26. júl 2008

kivec-If I wanted to buy one,I would probably have to stay here for more than 100years 😀 😀 😀 to earn enough money.We are living with my cousin now,but we should move next door on Friday

We had vegetable soup ,fried potatoes,chicken and salad 🙂

weroni
26. júl 2008

kivec: Really? 🙂 Are you going to name her Ester or Esther - with "H"? We didn´t give the letter "h" into the name because I think it could make her some troubles later - like at school, she would probably have to spell her name very often 😉 However, it´s nice with it 🙂 Do you know it means "STAR"? 🙂

kivec
26. júl 2008

Weroni, yes, we know that it means star, and we really like it. And it's originally Persian name. We will spell her name Esther with ,,h,, for exactly the same reason like you. But since we live here in the UK, we decided for "English" spelling. We don't plan to go back to SK very soon, and we don't want her to have problems with the name.

kivec
26. júl 2008

And Etuska, I wish you happy moving to your new home. I hope, you'll be happy there. 🙂

etuska
26. júl 2008

Kivec-thanks a lot.
Today,we were shopping a bit,but only useful things,you know 🙂
..but I couldn´t resist not to buy "Mother and Baby"magazine,because I don´t have my favourite one with me "Mama a ja" 🙂 And my husband told me I shouldn´t forget to take my contraception pill while reading it 😀 I´d really love to have second baby,but it would be so difficult here,especially when we are not settled down yet,but hopefully in two years time I will be Mum for the second time 🙂

weroni
26. júl 2008

kivec: now I´m a little puzzled 😅 so will your daughter be ESTER or ESTHER? 🙂 Yes, you´re right about its origin and do u know Ester from the Bible? Because the doctor who was at my birth was very surprised to hear how we named our daughter and he asked me "wow, have you decided to name her after such a great person?" and I was quite surprised too, as not many people know Ester from the Bible, you know, stories like about Moses, about the Eden, Kain and Abel and so on are known by many people but Ester isn´t as well-known as these ones.

etuska don´t worry, you´ll probably settle down faster than you think 🙂 as you wrote you had already been abroad or am I wrong? 🙂

kivec
26. júl 2008

Weroni, she will be Esther with "h", because here they spell it like that. And yes, we know it from the Bible as well.
Sorry for the confusion, I really wasn't clear enough.

etuska
26. júl 2008

Weroni ,you are right.We´ve just booked flight ticket for our daugther and my mother-in -law,so I´m quite satisfied now 🙂

I like both names-Ester or Esther 🙂 and I really like Mia as well,but my husband doesn´t.He told me it reminds him of "zmija" in Slovakian language 😀 😠 😀 😠

etuska
26. júl 2008

and I do like boy´s name Šimon as well,because when pronaunced in Slovak,it sounds great to me and if you don´t write "ˇ" it´s quite common in English speaking countries as well.

Kivec,have you came accross an expression "wee girl","wee boy"????,because it´s quite new for me.Does it mean sth. like "little"???? 😕

kivec
26. júl 2008

Etuska, I have never heard such expression. I have no idea what could it mean. Sorry. And Simon is really lovely name for boy. Do you already think about names for your next baby?

weroni
27. júl 2008

kivec it´s all right I just wasn´t sure if I understood you 😀
etuska it´s true - both Ester and Esther are beautiful, kivec your are lucky to be in UK - if I were in English speaking country, I would put "H" into the name, too, but you know - here she really would have troubles with spelling her name.
Oh, by the way, we´ve experienced a very cute thing - Ester received a very beautiful pink body from my friend and there was a writing "For the girl who is a star" 😀 cute accident, isn´t it? 😀

etuska - what about Simon - it´s great, really 🙂 I took care of one boy called Šimon - he was 15 months when I started babysitting him 🙂
Have you noticed these kinds of names are becoming quite common last days? I was surprised to find many Biblical names here at MK - like Rut, Simon, Nathanael and so on 🙂 I wonder if parents of these kids have any idea about the meaning of the names 🙂

duskaf
27. júl 2008

Hello girls.
We had a garden party yesterday. It was a birthday party. Our Danko is 7 in 2 days. I can´t believe it. He was a baby yestarday and now he is so big.
The most beautiful was that allthough there was storming everywhere around our garden we had sunny weather. And when people went home, the heavy rain came.
Have a nice day. Iam sending you a bit of Slovakia, not to be homesick so much.

etuska
27. júl 2008

Kivec-yeah,I like that name for pretty long time,but my husband doesn´t ☹
Weroni-did your friend know about the meaning of Ester´s name before,or not really?
Duska-thanks a lot.Is Danko your eldest son?

I´ve just had an English lesson with my cousin´s wife 🙂 so I could practice my teaching skills again 🙂 .I told her we could have a lesson every single day if she wants to practice her English and I think she is quite happy about it.People should help each other,shouldn´t they?And her husband helps us a lot,we are living in their house... 🙂

Did I mention that we´ve already booked tickets for our lovely Michelle and my mum-in -love?I know it´s still 6 week time to wait,but we have to arrange some things before she comes.

kivec
27. júl 2008

Etuska, so your Michele is not with you? It must be very hard for all of you. I can imagine, that you are looking forward to seeing her very much.

And Duskaf, thank you for sending a little bit of Slovakia. I am sure, you had a lovely time. But it's not bad here either. Did you have gulas or did you grill something?