English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

etuska
30. júl 2008

Hi Janka,welcome.Are you on maternity leave,or do you already work?

jana_vargova
30. júl 2008

my maternity leave has just finished last week. I am working part time at the moment so thats still fine. Could be worst as well

etuska
30. júl 2008

What do you do?

jana_vargova
30. júl 2008

receptionist. actually my net is going to be off at 10. so if I'am not responding u will know the reason then. 😒

jana_vargova
30. júl 2008

and what about u? what do u do? and where? we ae in Ireland third year. nearly time to go back home

fundalica
30. júl 2008

hi girls
i just found your forum and tought i may join you if you dont mind. i live in sheffield and dont know many slovakians here ☹ i have a baby boy, his name is sebastian and he is 2months and 1week old.

etuska
30. júl 2008

welcome Fundalica.
Janka,I have lived in Northern Ireland only for 3 weeks so far,so I´m still job hunting 😉

etuska
30. júl 2008

I talked tonight with our Irish friends-very nice elderly couple.It´s really good practice,you know.And we help them a bit to walk their 3 dogs.My husband even shouts at dogs in English,just in case they wouldn´t understand Slovak 😀

jana_vargova
31. júl 2008

fundalica. our boz is Sebastian as well. he was 6 months this weeek 😉

klaudis
31. júl 2008

Hi girls I have 23 days old daughter name Kristinka she was born in Coventry (Midlands). We are looking to finde some new friends or mums which are living near us and would like to go out for a walk with us. 😀

etuska
31. júl 2008

Hi Klaudis,
maybe you should try "Volna diskusia pre mamicky z Anglicka",or there is one webpage,where you can find some Slovak,Czech or even English mums from your local area:www.netmums.com

Anyway girls how are you today?I´m going to check jobcentreonline,I´m just crazy not having my daghter around and not working as well 😒

tanja61
31. júl 2008

etuska:thank you for your sentence 😉 yes i want buy CD or book for children and learn english 🙂 i learn quick if i listen,but i m busy because i dont have time during day and evening im tyred ☹ im lazy 😀

etuska
31. júl 2008

Tanjy,you just have to be motivated and find at least 30minutes every day for English 😉 And it helps a lot when you watch "fairy tales " in English 😉

fundalica
31. júl 2008

hi janka i saw photoalbum of your sebastian, he is gorgeous. i dont have any albums here because i found modry konik just a few days ago, but hopefully will do it soon.
etuska what kind of job are you looking for? im so happy, im not working at the moment and already dreading going back to work.

kivec
31. júl 2008

Welcome Fundalica and Klaudis, it's very nice to see new people joining this forum.
Klaudis, I live near Birmingham, but unfortunately from the other side. i live in Kidderminster - Worcestershire. I also don't know any mums from Slovakia near me but Modry konik helps me, when I feel lonely. It feels as if I had friends here. Although we can't go for walk together, but we can share our thoughts and feelings anytime here.

Fundalica are you on maternity leave now? And when do you have to go back to work?

I am on maternity leave, and I plan take 9 months off. I can't take more, because after 9 months they stop paying my maternity allowance.

fundalica
31. júl 2008

hi kivec, yes im on maternity leave now and have to go back in january. i want to stay at home longer, but we cant afford to live only from one wage. but i also dont know what to do with baby, because nurseries are very expensive. what will you do kivec after those 9 months with baby?

kivec
31. júl 2008

Fundalica, I don't know yet. I know, that child care is very expensive here, so maybe whole my wage would go towards the child care, in that case, it would be better to stay at home. Or I could work part time and apply for child and working tax credit, which could increase our income a little bit. But fortunately I have enough time to think about it.

And what di you do before your maternity leave? I was a nurse helper in clinic for alternative medicine.

jana_vargova
31. júl 2008

Oh 9 months of maternity leave would be nice here in Ireland as weel. I had it for 6 months. ive just started work few days ago. I wouldnt say that baby is that expensive here. We didnt spend much on him. Only nappies, some creams. That wouldnt do more than 50 euros a month.
If someone would like to c more pics of our son u can check theme here http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Vargovci5

kivec
31. júl 2008

Hello Janka, with the child care I meant nursery or child minder not actual expenses for nappies and baby stuff.
And how are you coping at work after the maternity leave? It must be very hard. I am sure that you miss your baby very much during the day.

kivec
31. júl 2008

And by the way, I have decide to save some money on nappies, so I am going to use washable real nappies. 🙂
It will be a little more work, but I think it's the right thing to do. And it's more environmental as well.

Has anybody got an experience with real nappies here?

jana_vargova
31. júl 2008

oh i do miss him. but my husband is minding him so thats fine. we both work in same place so we can manage it.

fundalica
31. júl 2008

kivec i worked as a cook in care home, its easy job but the manager was horrible 😠 .
my workmate used real nappies, but after a few weeks she switched to dissposable, because her washing mashine never stopped.
where about do you live kivec?

tanja61
31. júl 2008

etuska-yes you have true 😉

etuska
31. júl 2008

Kivec-I want to use "real" nappies when Iĺl have my 2nd baby,you mean TotsBots,Popolini...-there is a topic only about these nappies somewhere on Modry Konik

My friend pays weekly for nursery 130pounds and creche is even more expensive,I think.
Girls,whar about bringing some reliable au pairs from Slovakia???? 😉

lusya
31. júl 2008

Hi girls and mummies 😉
this conversation is absolutely great...I am so happy, that I can at least write in English...maybe not correctly, but I would like to improve 😵 ...are you all living in UK or abroad??? Sorry - no time to read everything 😅

duskaf
31. júl 2008

Hello girls.
Yestarday I fell asleep. Iam so tired. And when I went to bed with my children, maybe it is me who fall asleep at first.
It must be because of our Veronka is still hugging on me like a litlle monkey. I carry her all the time and doing everything by one hand. As soon as I put her down she starts cry.
And she is almost 10 kg so maybe Iam tired because of this fact.

Welcome everybody who join us, it is very nice to meet you.
kivec- today we continue with the apples. We only clean them and cut them and put out medium part and grate it. Finally we put it do the sacs and freeze it. So it is prepared for delitious apple pie.

duskaf
31. júl 2008

I have read everything I miss yesterday.
I haven´t got an experience with real nappies but my friend sells them and on this link there are information about it- www. nosime.sk
I can´t imagine situation, that my maternity leave stops after 6 or 9 months.
I would never cope with this. Maybe Iam strange, but I couldńt manage that.
When I was an au pair I used to take care of children from 7 a.m to 7 p.m and they didn´t want leave me , so after 7 p. m they still stayed near me. I was like their mother.
If I was free I would be your au- pair, but Iam not.
It was the most difficult for me to give my Danko to the kinder garten and he was 5. And Filipko is still with me. He used to go to the kinder - garten but he couldn´t manage. He cried during night and he was so sad during days.

etuska
31. júl 2008

Duska-Our Miska had to go to creche when she was only 14months old and I felt terribly sad to leave such a little baby there,but she was fine,didn´t cry at all.I was "running" from work to be there at 2:30p.m and spend as much time as possible with her.

Therefore I can understand your feelings.I told to myself that I want to be on maternity leave as long as possible when I will have my 2nd baby,so we will see....

Fundalica-I´m looking for all different jobs-English teaching,childminding,or looking after elderly people as well.We will see....

kivec
1. aug 2008

Good morning ladies,
I am going to try to catch up from yesterday.:
Janka, I have checked the link you've sent, you have a beautiful son. And it's good, when you can somehow manage the child minding with your husband. 🙂

Fundalica, I live in the UK, in Kidderminster - Worcestershire. And where do you live? And regarding the real nappies, I have read few reviews and researches, and even washing the nappies often is still more ecological and economical than buying the disposable ones. I am also using an eco-friendly washing powder. 😉

Etuska, I will let you know, how it'll work with the real nappies. There are many kinds of them, I went for cheap and reliable option, I have bought so called prefold nappies with separate outer wraps. And they have very positive reviews. And about au pairs, I don't think It would be very attractive for Sovak girls to work iand live in Slovak family. What do you think? 😒

And welcome Lusya, some of us live in the UK - some in England and some in the Northern Ireland, some in the Irish republic and some girls write from our home - Slovakia.

kivec
1. aug 2008

And Duskaf, no wonder that you are tired, when you have to carry 10kg heavy baby all day long. And you are lucky that you can stay on maternity leave for 5 years and do au-pair for yourself. 🙂