English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

etuska
1. aug 2008

Hi girls,
Kivec-you would be surprised how many Slovak girls would rather go to Slovak families,mainly those who are not so confident about their English.

marika80
1. aug 2008

Hi girls, just found this theme. I live in London and I've almost 2year old daughter. At the moment I'm at home with her as a nurseries are so expensive. Two hours - 20$ I put dollars as I cannot find a pound on a keyboard 😅 . The fees are crazy ☹ . So looks like we just put her there once a week as she loves children. And I have a feeling that when they three years old they get paid some percentage from goverment. Does anybody knows some details? Bye for now 😵

etuska
1. aug 2008

Marika-sorry,I don´t ,I´m searching the Net to find some infos about Reception class,as my daughter will be four and she can´t go to Primary school yet.
If I find a well paid job ,hopefully next year,I´m really thinking about Slovak au pair.Don´t you Marika?

marika80
1. aug 2008

etuska No not really (slovak au pair) How come your little one isn't going to primary school yet?

etuska
1. aug 2008

Well,because here in N.Ireland only those children who were 4 by July 1st are allowed to go to Primary 1,in England,Wales and Scotland the date is different-September 1st 😠 I´m a bit angry because our Michelle was born on August 6 😒 ,we will see,we have to manage it somehow.

I have to go to the town centre now to open a bank account.I hope the bank will be open...bye for now 🙂

marika80
1. aug 2008

Oh my God, our little one was born in October, so that means she'll go when she's almost 5 😖 ? I used to be allways the youngest one in my classroom so looks like my little one will be the eldest 😲 .

duskaf
2. aug 2008

Hello girls. I haven´t slept at all. Veronka had a fever. She is not cold, no spots, no crying. Maybe the teeth.
Have a nice day, manage everything.

etuska
2. aug 2008

Duska-I hope it will be better today and you could relax a bit.Wishing good health to your little Princess.Take care.

duskaf
2. aug 2008

Dear Etuska, thank you for your words.

jana_vargova
2. aug 2008

Hi Girls

Duskaf-if you would have to leave your baby u would have to cope with it as well. I didnt want to think about it and the time just went so fast and i had to go. Every day at work without baby is horrible, but what can I do? If I want to save some money for home I have to do it. Thatswhy we came to Ireland. I want to give him the best what I can and dont want to say to him NO u cant have this bicycle or jeans cos we have no money. So we have to stand all this. Then it will be wortet.

kivec
2. aug 2008

Hi Janka, I fully understand you, I will be in the same situation after few months. ☹ But as you wrote already before, it could be worse. In some countries they don't even have 6 months of maternity leave. And they have to cope.

etuska
2. aug 2008

Hi girls,that´s why I think that although in Slovakia young families get very little money,Mums can spend more time with their kids and that´s great. I don´t know how I will manage it with our daughter,but she is a big girl now.I was dreaming that once when we will have another kids(we would like to have 2 more) I´d love to spend with them more time .....but I´m not sure if it´ll be possible in UK.We will see.

Well,I wish U good luck and lots of patience with your little ones.Good night 😵

weroni
3. aug 2008

hi after some days, I was busy with moving our office from our room to the extension so finally, we have "only" bedroom and living room and nursery room in here and not the office any more 🙂
Can u imagine living in one room and even when your husband is a PC engineer and when he repairs some PCs or builds new ones - there are components everywhere, often I step on several things while getting from the door to my PC table 😅 so now it looks like a quite normal room 😀

how are u? anything new?

etuska - about realizing how precious kids are - I have always loved kids but my youngest sister´s birth broke something inside me - since then I love kids much more and I couldn´t wait to have my own child - she was a little like my own daughter - many people also thought so when I was walking out with her - she also called me "mama" until she was about two...At that time I started being really mad about babies, I started buying your favourite magazine "mama a ja" regularly and later also "Dieta",I read almost every possible book about children, simply said - a maniac 😀 so now u can imagine how much I dreamed about Ester - I didn´t even know my husband and I already knew I would deliver in Topolcany in water 😀
So that´s the explanation for why I really adore her and thank God for her so often - I can´t help seing her as a miracle - it´s something amazing - incredible - how milions of cells at the beginning of pregnancy grow into this beautiful child 😵
I was amazed even when she was in my belly - when I felt her moving or kicking my ribs, when we saw her smile at the 3D supersound investigation, simply, I really did enjoy every one moment of my pregnancy and I surely will do so now - when already being mum - oh, how lovely it sounds 😵 being mum 😵

kivec
3. aug 2008

Hi Weroni, when I am reading what you wrote, I am becoming even more inpatient. It's strange, I wasn't mad about children at all, before I got pregnant. I couldn't even imagine to have a child. But everything changed, when I found out I was pregnant and now I am surprising myself how motherly I feel. It's incredible instinct. Isn't it? 🙂

I am really looking forward to having a baby, and I love her endlessly already now. 🙂 But It's still two loooong weeks to go! And I can't wait already! 😵

kivec
3. aug 2008

Ups I wrote inpatient instead of impatient. 😅 Sorry.

weroni
4. aug 2008

kivec be sure it will be thousands times nicer than you imagine now 🙂 I still can´t believe it and every day I find it more and more beautiful 😵 😵 😵

etuska
4. aug 2008

Hi girls.
I ´ve just came from one meeting and I´m pretty dissapointed.It was the meeting of local as well as international volunters,who try to help immigrants to settle down and many other things.I´v just spoken to one Slovak girl who used to organize "English lessons" mostly for Slovak people,they were completely free and she didn´t get any money for her teaching,because it was voluntary work,you know....Well,the point is that people weren´t interested ☹ 😠 Well,at the beginning they were,but later only about 2 people came to the leson.I just didn´t know what to say.And some native teachers had to commute about 15_20minutes by car and then you just come,after doing a lesson plan,preparation and you have only 2 students??? 😠 It´s so sad ☹

weroni
4. aug 2008

etus that´s really sad ☹ poor girl... one would expect bigger interest..

kivec
5. aug 2008

Hi girls,
Etus, I am really sorry to hear that (or better to read that), but I heard about this before. At the college in our town, they started to charge people for the English classes. Not much,though. They think, that when people pay at least a little, they value it more and they will attend the classes more often.

Weroni, It's beautiful how you are enjoying to be a mum. 🙂 I hope, that I will enjoy it so much as well. I had a look at your newer photos, your Ester is a beautiful girl. 😉

etuska
5. aug 2008

Kivec ,that´s exactly what I realized here at a nearby local college.They charge only 10pounds per 32-week course and I do believe attendance is much better.

duskaf
5. aug 2008

Hello girls.
Our Veronka is still painfull because of her growing teeth.
So Iam carring her all the day.

Janka Iam reading your sentence and Iam thinking about that words but I know I will never cope, never manage. I know it. So I wouldn´t go to England.

duskaf
5. aug 2008

Dear etuska- It is a birthday of your beautifull daughter isn´t it. So we wish your Michelle sparkling eyes and everything make child-hood beautifull and stunning.

etuska
5. aug 2008

Duska 😵 thanks a lot.We agreed with my husband that we will make a birthday party for her also here when she comes to invite her also in her new "home".

Girls,we´ve just moved today to the next house,o there´s a plenty work to do,but I´m glad we will live finally on our own.

Duska-I hope Veronky will be OK soon 😵

kivec
6. aug 2008

Etuska I also wish your little princess all the best for her birthday and I wish you a lot of luck and happiness in your new home 🙂 1

weroni
6. aug 2008

duskaf - oh no, teethgrowing can really bring a lot of wild moments... 😒 have u tried to stroke her gums? When my little sister Sarah= s teeth were growing we did and it helped a lot 🙂

etuska
7. aug 2008

Hi girls,
How are you today.I ´ve just switched on my computer to check e-mails and personal messages on MK 😀 I´m quite sleepy today,but have to do some shopping,cook lunch(my husband will probably sleep til 3-4p.m as we had anight shift),so there´s plenty of time for cooking 😀
....and check new jobs on jobcentreonline, of course...and tidy up again.There´s really lot to do in this house.I haven´t unpacked our luggage yet,becuase there´s a strange smell in the wardrobes,so I just cleaned them and let them open for few days.
Wishing you nice day 🙂

weroni
8. aug 2008

etus I still wonder how you could simply take your things and move to foreign country, new neighbours everywhere, new people, new habits, new work.... really brave step in your life and may it be very lucky step 🙂

kivec
9. aug 2008

Hi girls, It seems like, I am going to give birth tonight! My waters have broken already in the morning, but they sent me back home from the hospital as my contractions hadn't been strong enough yet. But we are going back there tonight at 22.00 and if nothing happens, the will induce me.
So wish me luck, please and talk to you in few days? 😉

weroni
9. aug 2008

kivec you´re kiddinG!!! 🙂 that´s great, so wish u good luck and really great delivery 🙂

etuska
10. aug 2008

Kivec-I can´t believe it´s already here 😲 Take care,I´ll pray for you and a great delivery as well 🙂

Weroni,to be honest,we have here about 20 items to wear,I left the oldest clothes at home as I thought I will come in November-December,but it seems to me that we will come for our first visit in 2009 😒

My mum-in -law will fly here with Miska in September for a month and then she returns home,so hopefully by that time I will have at least a part time job.We will see.We can´t afford to fly back to Slovakia as flight tickets for 3 people are quite expensive,that´s also why we suggested my husband´s Mum to come instead.Ofcourse we will pay for her ticket but it seems to us a better idea considering also the fact that my husband has holiday in December.