English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

veronice
29. apr 2007

ladies, how can I say "chuť do života" ? 😒

newyorkgirl
29. apr 2007

meggi, we can go out some time with our beautiful treasures and practise LIVE conversation, I miss it since my husband is gone, we used to speak English while we were outside with Nika and everybody was looking us, like if we were some strangers 😀

veronice, tak v akom kontexte potrebujes, ako "elan"?

newyorkgirl
29. apr 2007

it was supposed to be TO nie TAK, teraz uz mixujem, sorry 😀

kiwuska
29. apr 2007

Is this meant to be conversation for those who learn English or who just want to practice their language skills or even you do not want others understand what you are talking about????

newyorkgirl
29. apr 2007

kiwuska Nr. 2 😀

kiwuska
29. apr 2007

NYgirl, why that nick name? Do you live in New York, or did you live there_

meggi
autor
29. apr 2007

New, I will be glad to speak with you, but my English as good as your. Are you going to MC to speak English with others mothers in tuestday at 10 o´clock?

kiwuska
29. apr 2007

veronice: it depends on the context you want to use the phrase, can you give the whole sentence? it might be: enjoy life, enthusiasm, but depends. Thereore if you ask for let s say Slovak rozvod, in Englsh it can be divorce and distribution too. These are two completely different things. So it s better to know the whole sentence

deina
30. apr 2007

Hello girls, can I join you? Do you have any interesting news?

newyorkgirl
30. apr 2007

kiwuska, yes I spent 2 beautiful years in New York City and I miss it every day it is like my second home ☹

alenkap
30. apr 2007

Hello everybody! A great idea this english writing! Have you ever tried to teach your children some words in a foreign language?

newyorkgirl
30. apr 2007

alenka, not yet because my daughter is still a baby but I was in New York until my 7month in pregnancy and she seems to respond to English, she really likes English lullabies, so I keep singing them to her, I know a lot of them, and only few in Slovak, so shame on me 😅

lasenka
30. apr 2007

alenka
I try to teach my little son some English songs and of course some simple words. But he doesn´t want to repeat it after me at all. 😠

newyorkgirl
30. apr 2007

lasenka and do you have somebody who speaks english around him? I think kids who don't have the opportunity to use English are not trying or willing to learn it...

lasenka
30. apr 2007

NYgirl
no, accept for me 😒 However, he likes listening to me, when I talk in English, but he doesn´t want to repeat it.

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

Hi! Kiwuska your English is pretty good. Where have you learnt it? Or are you English?
I'm not thinking about having a baby in the near future but if I have a baby sometime I want him/her to learn English since birth.I've heard that one of the parents should speak just English and the second one just Slovak and they shouldn't mix it because the baby connects the language with a person.

lasenka
30. apr 2007

sharlotta
your English is very nice, too. Do you live in Slovakia or in the UK?

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

I live in Slovakia but I love English (and hate the UK) 😅 I teach it actually ...

lasenka
30. apr 2007

sharlotta
And have you ever been in the UK?

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

Yes... 😖 And I hate English food, English weather, English architecture, stupid English system of separated taps for hot and cold water......I've travelled a lot but....England is the worst country I've ever been to...

lasenka
30. apr 2007

Oh, I´m very surprised, because I´ve been there and I´ve liked it very much there. What did you do there? I worked as an au-pair 😎

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

I've been to Liverpool, Manchester and London.

lasenka
30. apr 2007

I´ve been to Liverpool only for visit 😉 and I have lived in London for a long time 😉

bluff
30. apr 2007

English architecture is pretty amazing... though I have to agree with you on the food.

lasenka
30. apr 2007

Girls, I loved English food, and I´m must admit I put on about 30 kilos 😀 😀

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

I went to visit my boyfriend(my husband) and my brother who were working there. I stayed there for a month and a week. It was terrible. It rained all the time and he last week I stayed there I wasn't able to eat because I hated the combination of the sweet bread and too salty butter and all the frozen pizza, fish fingers, chips, hamburgers...I missed "tlacenka", our vinigar, sauerkraut, vegeta...

lasenka
30. apr 2007

I feel sleepy, so I wish you Sweet dreams 🙂

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

Sweet dreams....

sharlotta
30. apr 2007

English architecture? Red bricks everywhere.... 😖 😕 🙄

kiwuska
1. máj 2007

Hi,
to: Sharlotta: I used to work par-time for an international firm before my twins were born, so that I was able to practice my skills there.