English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

weroni
9. okt 2008

what did u teach? and where? (I mean what kind of school - high school?)

norik1
9. okt 2008

weroni I love that 😀

audreyd
9. okt 2008

weroni, you are everywhere 🙂 😀

mimi
9. okt 2008

norik, how did your students do it? by memorizing it? Which one is worst? all of them 😀

girls, maybe you could help me, how would you translate srdcabol?

norik1
9. okt 2008

never taught in high school (only nearly hi hi) only in language schools....and why? I like working with people who WANT - not have to...

etuska
9. okt 2008

mimi 😀 "heartbreak" 😕

norik1
9. okt 2008

mimi take Etuska for granted 😀

norik1
9. okt 2008

Try - "pamodaj stastia lavicka" 😀 😀 😀

weroni
9. okt 2008

audrey - almost everywhere 😀

norik I understand 🙂

etuska
9. okt 2008

norik 😀 It´s your turn 😀

mimi
9. okt 2008

etuska, that is my homework to do, I have to translate weird words 😅
anyway, thank you, that might help 😉

norik1
9. okt 2008

mimi well my advice for them was - always use it in some kind of sentence which is easily rememberable (wow new word - Stekauer wold love me) ACTION - REACTION style...but everyone likes something else...had students who loved memorising...strange but true 😖

weroni
9. okt 2008

ok girls I´m leaving, should finally go to bed as I have to get up early tomorrow 🙄 gonna see my dr...

good night everybody, mimi good luck 😉

mimi
9. okt 2008

or heartache 😀

etuska
9. okt 2008

Weroni-I´m ogg as well 🙂 Good night ladies 😉

norik1
9. okt 2008

why my turn? Etus I suggested that word - we translated that at university 😀

etuska
9. okt 2008

I meant to write "off" 😀

norik1
9. okt 2008

Ahaaaaa... sweet dreams ladies 😀

mimi
9. okt 2008

norik, are you still here?

norik1
9. okt 2008

hmmm, jes 🙂

norik1
9. okt 2008

read "Ano nie" topic and you´ll know why I cant even type properly...

sharlotta
10. okt 2008

Girls I always thought I loved teaching...but since this school years started... 😖 I really hate it! Is this a "burnout" syndrome or just wrong place, wrong people...? 😅 I just want to get out of that school or even teaching in general...😒

Anyway I would translate "srdcabol" as "spleen" or"heartbreak"

duskaf
10. okt 2008

Helo girls.
Kivec- Iam so happy reading you again.
Your baby is so beautiful. And Estherś eyes are sparkling like the stars.
Iam writing special homework for school- some of them are strange, but I must manage. Iam longing for a finishing my study at the bottom of my soul.

norik1
11. okt 2008

Hallo, anybody here? 😀 😀 Talk to me!

kivec
11. okt 2008

Hello Duska, I am also happy to read you here. I don't come very often now because I am quite busy with Esther but it's getting better every week. 😉 I am managing more and more jobs at home and I even manage to write something here. 😀 Before I could only read while breastfeeding. And thank you very much for compliments. 🙂

Hi Norik, I am here, I can talk to you. 😎

norik1
11. okt 2008

everybody´s asleep or something...my boy is fast asleep since 8 pm ( happy mother) so Im trying digi scrapbook...but rotten luck...bleee 😝

weroni
11. okt 2008

norik do u work in adobe photoshop or what do u use for it?
btw, hi girls 🙂
I woke up several minutes ago - we are at my parents as my husband is ill so we escaped from him to keep Ester healthy (even though, she already has full nose but it isn´t serious)
I must do one strange translation - about 10 pages in English and what I have to do is to write a short two-page abstract in Slovak but of course - my first way was modrykonik.sk 😀 😝 so I´ve visited those few topics I visit and now gonna do that so that I don´t have to spend time doing it tomorrow (I´m sorry, it´s today already 😉

etuska
12. okt 2008

Hi girls!
I´ve just finished cooking Sunday lunch and waiting for my rascals to come from the nearby playground.I´m going to prepare another "lesson plan" for my Tuesday lessons tonight,so I will be there 😅

Sharlotta-if you feel that "burnout syndrome" is trying to catch U and squeeze U,just take a short break and try to do sth. else 😅 I´m so glad I quit my job,although I miss teaching,but I simply needed change.

We were in Dublin yesterday,because my Mum-in-law flied from Dublin Airport to Kosice and we met our friends there in "Czech Inn".We had a nice time-I love Dublin,although I do think it is very expensive city for a young family.

I´m thinking about my postgraduate studies,but don´t know whether I will have enogh time and energy to do it.We will see 🙂

kivec
12. okt 2008

Hi Weroni, did you finish the strange translation job last night? And how is your Esther? I hope, she didn't get ill.
My Esther has also full nose, but fortunately it's not getting worse. So I don't do anything about it.
And Weroni, I wanted to ask you already long time ago, where did you learn English?

norik1
12. okt 2008

Hi girls - anybody up this late?