English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

norik1
22. okt 2008

ooops Etus sorry 🙂 one day I´ll pay for my big mouth 😀 😀

etuska
22. okt 2008

I´ve also heard that the Vojta´s method is maybe "overused" in our country and not so useful on the other hand 😠

etuska
22. okt 2008

Norik 😀
Duska-you are welcome 😉

norik1
22. okt 2008

so, this was my "confession", now I feel ashamed that l haven´t yet asked how are you girls 🙂

etuska
22. okt 2008

Norik 🙂
I´m the same sometimes without realizing that I´m only speaking about myself.-shame on me! 😀 😅

etuska
22. okt 2008

I´d rather go and prepare for my lesson and go to bed sooner as I will probably give a lift to my daugher tomorrow morning. 😝 I don´t like driving at all,but my husband is trying so hard to be a good "instructor" that I shouldn´t be so selfish and try more so that he could see some results of his patience as well 😀

kivec
22. okt 2008

Hi girls,
It's nice to see, that it's so busy here again. 🙂 I see, that many of you do translations. I now, that Etuska studied English and she is an English teacher, but what about you Norik and Weroni? Are you also English teachers or have you studied something else?
And Etuska, I am sorry that your last English lesson didn't go very well. And especially when I now, how you didn't feel like going there and you had to. But I am sure that it'll be better next time. 😉 By the way, how is your little princess doing at school? And is she improving her English?

etuska
22. okt 2008

Hi Evi,
thanks for asking.Miska is fine,trying hard ro speak English and we get a new book every day from her teacher to read it in advance so that it would be easier for her the next day 🙂
What about you and your cute Esther?

weroni
22. okt 2008

norik I can imagine it, but rather I don´t want to 😀 😀

etuska u´re right - what a great feeling 😵 😀

btw - when talking about tranlations - my best translation ever was called "What influence does TV have on children?" 😀 It was about three pages long and I made it in 15 minutes 😀 I wish I could have only this kind of translations 😀

norik1
22. okt 2008

Kivec: l studied British & American studies, Presov university (Anglistika a amerikanistika). Only later I took a 3-semester pedagogical studies to become a teacher....so officially Im more translator than teacher 😀 😀 I never taught in normal school - only language schools....and now l work as a manager in one big Slovak company, but english is a part of my job 🙂 (well, not now, now Im on HOLIDAY 😀 😀 😀 )

etuska
22. okt 2008

"Holiday" is really the best word for "maternal leave" 🙂

etuska
22. okt 2008

Norik-do you have a "licence" for translatiing as well? 😕

etuska
22. okt 2008

...and I´m also thinking nowadays what should I do in next few months/years... 🙂 Whether to try teaching here or simply decide to have another baby 🙂

etuska
22. okt 2008

...because when being in Slovakia,I though I would work in UK for 2-3 yrs,then come back and have 2 more babies,but now I´m not sure 😅

norik1
22. okt 2008

I did but closed it because of bureaucracy ... you must pay a lot of money to keep the licence, every 2 years repeat exams, visit special trainings (be in BA and pay for trainings, accommodation, travelling) you must ask 600 Sk per page (according to law - dont know how it´s today, closed it 2,5 years ago)...after all you spend more than you earn.... more problems than super feelings from good translations 😀

etuska
22. okt 2008

Norik-I didn´t know that it is really such a stupid bureaucracy 😠
I did my own translations and ask one company to provide me with the seal only and paid 350,-Sk/A4 😅 ,but at least I saved some money.The documents had to be translated officially so I did it my way 😅

kivec
22. okt 2008

Norik, It sounds cool 😀 ,,Anglistika a Amerikanistika" . Isn't it funny, I've only heard about somethink like Amerikanistika yesterday. Because my husband was talking about his friend who studied it. I didn't know (untill yesterday) that something like that exist. But I know now, so I'am not so surprised as I would have been two days ago. 😀 And what about you Weroni?

Etuska, welcome in our club of ,,driving haters". 😀 😀 😀 But my husband wasn't patient instructor at all. 😝
I had to learn to drive by myself in the end, because I was much more stressed when he was sitting next to me. 😝

norik1
22. okt 2008

See? & that is only for one stupid stamp...not the translation....and they must ask such money by law...and they must keep a translator´s diary where it is written who, how much, how long....it´s disgusting....

etuska
22. okt 2008

😝
And I was thinking about "further studies " to get my "translation licence"(is it the right term btw???? 😅 ) but now I´d rather start thinking about my postgraduate studies 😅
Kivec-It´s not about that I hate driving,but I´m still a bit nervous when I have to drive and I don´t know how I will manage it all by myself 😅 As the day when I will have to do it is coming closer and closer,so I´d better practice it as much as I can

norik1
22. okt 2008

sorry ladies I´m a driving lover hi hi 😀

etuska
22. okt 2008

..and I said to myself that I won´t have the second baby unless I will drive alone carefully and confidentally 😀 ...so this is my way of internal motivation 😀

etuska
22. okt 2008

Norik-I envy you 😅

norik1
22. okt 2008

we used translator´s licence or seal... you know, few years ago it was much easier, then they changed the law... because there were too many translators...before when you had a seal, it was for a lifetime, today only for 2 years...and you pay...

etuska
22. okt 2008

2 years-what an incredibly short term 😠

etuska
22. okt 2008

Kivec-how did you manage to drive on your own?I´m still scared of that.I feel more confident when my husband is sitting next to me

norik1
22. okt 2008

Etuska I bought my first car when I was in 5th year - had enough of commuting Kosice Presov every day and believe me it was a BIG motivation 🙂 my first car was Fiat 600 and it was 47 years old hi hi...I called it Vilmuska - my br´other asked me if I was going to drive my car like in the Flinstones cartoon - using legs hi hi so I called it after one of the characters 😵

etuska
22. okt 2008

Norik 😀 and what happened to Vilmuska?Did you sell it?

etuska
22. okt 2008

to Bedrock? 😀 😕 🤐

norik1
22. okt 2008

brrrrrrr husband & driving? I feel much more confident when heis NOT sitting next to me 🙂

etuska
22. okt 2008

My husband is really patient because he wants me to drive properly and in fact he is the only instructor I want to have sex with 😀 😀 😀