English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

newyorkgirl
3. máj 2007

lasenka, I had lived in New York for 2 years and now it looks like we will move to GB, we'll see but my husband is already there to prepare everything for us to arrive too 🙂

mimi
3. máj 2007

NYgirl,are you moving to England? Why? 😕

hello lasenka,we have not see you for a while.Where have you been? 🙂

lasenka
4. máj 2007

NYgirl
hmmm, I envy you a bit 😉 Is your husband in London or around it? I would like to go there, but my husband doesn´t want to hear about it ☹

mimi
hello 🙂 I´m studying very hard 😒 , but I found this topic very interesting, so I come here from time to time just for a little bit 😉
How are you? Are you an English teacher, too? 😀

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

Hello...What do you study Lasenka?

lasenka
4. máj 2007

sharlotta
What do you think I´m studying??? 🙂 English, of course 😀 😀 😀

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

Are you studying for an exam or you study English at university?...I don't understand...

lasenka
4. máj 2007

I study English at university, but now I´m taking an exam from Philosophy

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

Philosophy is interesting...I like it, but it depends on the part of philosophy. I've taken many exams from philosophy...I suppose you have some kind of history of philosophy, aren't you?. I like existentialism most.

lasenka
4. máj 2007

I´m studying Philosophy of Middle Ages now... I don´t know if I have written it correctly 😒 this is the first part of rigorous exams I am going to take... in two weeks I´m going to defend my work, so very very hard weeks are before (?) me

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

Lasenka, if I can..."before" is something that already happened, I think...I'm not good at prepositions either.And phrasal verbs are killing me...
Do you write it in English? I don't like this part of philosophy... 😖 But I have to confess their some of their ideas are admirable

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

BTW I'd say the following weeks are going to be hard...

lasenka
4. máj 2007

oh yes, you´re right... it will be "in front of" me ??? I don´t like prepositions and articles 😠

I don´t write it in English but in Slovak... I´m doing everything together 😒 believe or not - I´m fed up with it !!

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

Oh, that's hard...And where do you study? I mean what town?

lasenka
4. máj 2007

"the following" is the best 😀

I study in Nitra

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

Me too... 😅

sharlotta
4. máj 2007

I studied ethics that I've already finished and European studies...that I haven't finished yet...I'm trying to write my graduation work...

altiala
4. máj 2007

Hello everybody,
I have problems with my English 😒 and its becouse... my boyfriend is American 🙂 (I know sounds wierd but...) and I talk to him Slovak - English and he understands me. So I am not improving my language skills at all, but I am improving his Slovak 😒 and my English starts to be poor. So good I found this site where I can practise my English 🙂

lasenka
5. máj 2007

sharlotta
hmmm, I´ve seen you maybe there 🙂 Do you study only English or other languages...

vavka33
5. máj 2007

Lasenka I´m a teacher in primary school-first degree.I teach 6-10 years old children.
I´m a teacher of math,slovak language,music,gymnastic,gym,geography .....and english too.
But my english is not good,I understand but my comunication is horrible 😠 😀

kutina
5. máj 2007

Hi girls 🙂 i am here too, what r u doing? we have big celebration today - my father-in-law has 50th birthday.

sharlotta
5. máj 2007

Hi, Kukina so you have a nice day...
Lasenka I don't study English...I've never studied English at university.I think it's useless. I know many students or graduated students of English and they usually say that the university gave them nothing. They study a lot of useless things but speaking and using English. I'd like to have a graduation examination in English, but the number of useless information discourages me from that. But I'd like to translate and teach English sometime in the future and have my own language school.

lasenka
5. máj 2007

vavka
my communication isn´t good, too, but I try to speak in English in the classroom, I think it´s a good place to keep English up. This way I also try to increase my vocabulary 😉

sharlotta
you have got very nice ambitions, so fingers crossed 😉
I agree with you that studying English at university is something useless, but I need a graduation examination for the future work... do you understand? I can´t speak Slovak 😖
However, what languages do you study?

sharlotta
5. máj 2007

I've already written above what major I study or studied. I learned English at a language school with English speaking lecturers. I've loved English since I first started to learn it at the age of 13. And my brother helped me a lot with the vocabulary. We used English as a secret language so our parents didn't know what we were speaking about. And I did homework for all my neighbours.😀 And teaching English helped me a lot, too. Apart from English I started to learn Italian, German and French but... I've forgotten a lot because I didn't continue to study them. ☹
Where do you live?

lasenka
5. máj 2007

sharlotta
see IP 😉

vavka33
5. máj 2007

Sharlotta-I see,you are good in English.I learned English only eight years and I don´t have time to learn it now.
it was so praktice-your english with the brother. 😀 😀 He is older then tou?

sharlotta
5. máj 2007

Yes, he is older and he attended a language school when I was at a primary school.

vavka33
5. máj 2007

Big brother 😉

lasenka
17. máj 2007

Anybody here ? 😲 😲 😲

sharlotta
17. máj 2007

I´m here.... 😉

lienka111
17. máj 2007

hi girls, this is really great topic 😀 ... my english is horrible, but I hope I will improved it with you 😉