English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

jalao
12. feb 2010

There is not any snowing at a moment, fortunately... 😎

feuer
12. feb 2010

and where are you from jalao?

jalao
12. feb 2010

Look at my profile 🙂 Middle Povazie. I was born here and I also live here... what about you? Native Bratislavcanka? 😉

feuer
12. feb 2010

no no. i was born in cadca, but then my parents moved to topolcany, after that i was long time out of slovakia, and after i got married i moved to bratislava.

jalao
12. feb 2010

Where did you live before your wedding, if yu dont mind to tell me.. 😉

feuer
12. feb 2010

well i lived in uk

jalao
12. feb 2010

Didn't you want to stay there to live....maybe forever? 😉

feuer
12. feb 2010

when we were there we made decision to come back now when we are here we came to the point when we regret that we came back here although my husband is now trying to start his own business and he would not go back.. if he didn't feel it's going to work we would move back...

jalao
12. feb 2010

well, understand....But I think as longer you stay here, it would be harder to get back because of some another commitments..work, business, family, flat...it is just my opinion.. Anyway, I cross my fingers to get good business here. (I am not sure this was written properly 😎 )

kingstonka
12. feb 2010

Hi

well it is snoving here 🙂 a little bit...

I lived in UK for 4 years (in London) and we moved back 2 years ago. It was hard decision.

feuer
12. feb 2010

hi kingstonka, i know it must have been a hard decision.. when we were considering to go back suddenly i didn't know if i really want it ... because as jalao wrote.. family, flat, work, business, we are back now for 1 and a half year and i still keep thinking how was life there...

feuer
12. feb 2010

especially i am so sorry we came back... but also now we have a little boy and if i imagine to take him away from grandparents and uncles and aunties...

kingstonka
12. feb 2010

.... it was a big change for us- mostly because we came back from big city to small town -but as you say we have all family here and it is dafinitely better for my doughter. My housband 's got better job here (but less paid 🙂 )...

My father just took my little one for a walk ... and I have to do some ironing minewhile...

bye now 🙂

jalao
12. feb 2010

yes, that's the commitment I supposed 🙂 ( but I did not know exactly wheter you have kid or not... 😉 )
That's why I believe, it must be hard decision for you..

feuer
12. feb 2010

absolutely... if i could turn back time... we would never even think of coming back...

jalao
12. feb 2010

hot news!! It is heavy snowing here!!!
Where are you from Kingst.? just at least...approximately

feuer
12. feb 2010

and how about you jalao? have you been anywhere?

jalao
12. feb 2010

yes, but I lived in Germany 2 years long. I had to forget my English and start study German language.. 😎 😎 I was there with my current boyfriend, then I got back alone and he also came half year later, we got married, bought flat and one year later we had our 1st kid... 😝 😝

feuer
12. feb 2010

and are you happy here in slovakia?

jalao
12. feb 2010

firstly not, but now I know, this is the best what I could do...honestly.
Nothing compares to my friend, family, classmates from the past.... Of course, there are many advantages to live abroad, but anyway.

kingstonka
12. feb 2010

I live in easter Slovakia -near Presov... (now it looks more like it is raining ☹ )

jalao
12. feb 2010

Kingston, you have also lived abroad in the past?

kingstonka
12. feb 2010

In London (2004-2008 )

jalao
12. feb 2010

hm...that means, you english must be brilliant..do you use it? (at work, at school??)

kingstonka
12. feb 2010

it's not brilliant at all ☹ I have not used it since I came back to Slovakia- as I don't work - I'm at home with my little daughter .

jalao
12. feb 2010

And has she born in London too?

etuska
12. feb 2010

Hi girls,
I´m so happy,that this topic is alive again 😀 although I don´t have time to write regularly.I just want toi encourage you-keep writing ! 😀

jalao
12. feb 2010

Welcome Etuska...but you must tell us, where do you live.... 🙂 🙂 🙂 We can see, you live somewhere abroad, dont you want practise Slovak first 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

kingstonka
12. feb 2010

jalao- no my daughter was born in Slovakia. We came back when I was 7 months pregnant.

feuer
12. feb 2010

hi girls, as i can see you had a good discussion here... i was out for walk with my little boy. and we only came about an hour ago.