English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

norik1
5. jan 2009

Etuska what would you say? 😀 😀

etuska
5. jan 2009

Well,my first "I" is saying "yes,you are" and the other one:"No way" 😀 😀 😀

norik1
5. jan 2009

Etuska 😀 😀 😀 Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, hmmm?

addaa
6. jan 2009

Hello girls, I´m here for the first time. I have learnd English for 12 years but only in Slovakia. So my english is not so good and I would like write with you, to get better my english. Is it possible? 😅

gabii83
6. jan 2009

hi addaa, if you say, your english is not so good, what can i say, 😉 😉 my english is terrible, but what i can have i alone learn, because i have´nt time to go to school it to learn - i have learning 12 years German that is all, english - autodidakticky.

but i want it to learn and speak to, when everybody want, please correct my mistakes, thank you.... 😒

norik1
6. jan 2009

Hi Addaa, hi Gabii welcome 😵

...don´t worry about the mistakes - it´s not so bad 😉

luciauk
6. jan 2009

hello
you are very clever, learning by yourselves 😉
how did we manege? i dont know. it was terrible to live with sister in love, with her pakistani boyfriend 🙄 we couldnt speak in english properly....
it was very good exam for our relationship with my husband.
Olivia was just 3-years-old and she started in english nursery. but she didnt mind, she spoke to everybody in slovakian. Juliana was 7. two months she just looked on the floor, didnt speak to anybody. it was terrible time.
now they are in english same as english children. when they play with the friends, nobody can recognise, they are not english 😉 really.

luciauk
6. jan 2009

duskaf, when your veronka had a birthday? on christmas?

addaa
6. jan 2009

Hi girls,

thank you for my welcome.

Gabi83 I admire you. I ´m not so strong to learn English alone. I have watched TV CNN, but only 3 days. Before one year ago I started to read one book in english, but now I ´m on 32 page 😀 .

Lucy I think for the the children is easy to learn other language. Your babies are succes of that

🙂 🙂 🙂

etuska
6. jan 2009

Hi girls,
I have to say-you can learn English properly even in Slovakia-The problem is-you have to be well MOTIVATED!!!!
I studied English for 11 years in Slovakia without going abroad.When I was 19, I went to the UK and people were amazed how great my English was.I do believe that it is because I attended bilingual grammar school -that´s why...But I´m "in love" with English language anyway,so...

Keep trying and one day you can be fluent.

norik1
6. jan 2009

Etuska you are a walking motivation.... and I´m your copy 😀 😀 😀 only that I went to UK when I was 18 😀 😀 😀

etuska
6. jan 2009

Norik 😀
And it is really amazing how quickly can children learn-really 😕
I´m teaching children from different countries.Some of them came 1 or 2 years ago and they are just so fluent you wouldn´t believe 😕 😅

etuska
6. jan 2009

And I would also strongly disagree with people who are telling all the time that they do not need to learn language at home,because they will learn it abroad.It is much easier when you have at least basics from the language-otherwise you are struggling 😝
..but again-there´s a big difference if it is a child or an adult 😉

erikasadek
6. jan 2009

helllo girls, how is 't going.... 😀
norik, waw good english, very good english.... 😉
i'll not bothering, any more, have nice evening averyone.... 😉

etuska
6. jan 2009

Erikasadek-why not? 😅 Maybe we will find a common topic to talk about 😉

erikasadek
6. jan 2009

, i have not spoken english for 10 years now, and,i dont wright as good as you all of you,

i did not learn english at school , at my time,.....so all that i know, is from my traveling, around...
now a have to use french language...

norik1
6. jan 2009

Agree 😀

I remember a friend from Argentina at my language school in England - he couldn´t say one single word in EN!!!! You´d say Hi! and he went 😕 it took him three horrible months before he could go for a beer with classmates and actually TALK - then he said he was a fool travelling half the world without saying one single word...
We went from school to a cinema to see that film " Sleepers". next day we talked about that in the class and I said that I couldn´t understand why had the film been called "Sleepers". So he came the next lesson and said "Nora, I know why is the film called like that. It means" - and he showed me his shoes and wrote on whiteboard "Slippers".... 😉 stupid me 😀 😀 😀

etuska
6. jan 2009

Norik 😀 😀 😀

duskaf
6. jan 2009

Hello girls.
Luci- Veronka was born 17.12.2007 and it Was 24.12 when we brought her from the hospital and put her near the Christmass tree as the most beautiful Chrismas present.
We visited our garden today.

etuska
6. jan 2009

Duska 🙂 -did you sunbathe? 😅

norik1
6. jan 2009

Duskaf - that must have been the most fantastic Christmas for your family 😀

duskaf
6. jan 2009

Etuška, I tried, but it was special freezing sunbathing. I closed my eyes and were imagining that the same garden several months ago. But a snowball im my face definetely awoke me and put me back into reality.

Norik- it was. It still will be the most beautiful moment in my life. Looking at my sons admiring their litlle sister.

norik1
6. jan 2009

so Duska - no white sand with breeze in your hair? 😀

duskaf
6. jan 2009

Norik, no, no white sand, no breeze in my hair. 😀
How I manage to wait for spring for such a long time?

etuska
6. jan 2009

Duska-come to Northern Ireland 😀 We had only - 1 C in the morning-not so bad 😅 I have to go now.take care ladies 😵

luciauk
6. jan 2009

etuska, 11 years 😲 you must be great! and I agree, it´s big difference between adults and kids. I do my best, but everybody can hear I´m not English. but my children, they have very good accent. even Manchester´s and now Northampton´s. and they can understand people talking with mouthful, running, small children, but I can´t ☹ It took such a long time I began understand our health visitor. she is from Scotland 😖

norik1
6. jan 2009

oh Scottish accent is horrible to understand.... but its nice 🙂 the worst accent for me is American... just not my piece of cake 😀

Duska don´t worry, sleep tight three times and spring is here 😀 😀

norik1
7. jan 2009

hi girls, what R U doing today?

norik1
7. jan 2009

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo????

roxi
8. jan 2009

Hi, I was quite busy for a couple of days so I didn´t have time to join you, but I admit I spent loooots of time on MMB, my daughter adores Rosie and Jim but we´ve got only one dvd with just 3 stories and she must watch it every single day 😅 and I´m already fed up with watching it over and over again 😠 so I hoped to find some new dvds. Unfortunately I discovered only few videotapes and because we haven´t got a video it would not help ☹ . But at least I´ve bought her a book. I wonder why can´t she have some favourites characters which are not so problematic to find here in Slovakia. Why kids always want something you can´t obtain 😅 .
She´s sleeping right now so hopefully I´ll have time to read what you´ve written since my last visit here.