English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

aly
25. mar 2008

Weroni, I see that you are expecting baby boy as well. You are due in june and me in may. And we have chosed same name 🙂

zuzanockamt
25. mar 2008

maybee ... I think it is very very hard ... but we want to do it ... I believe it must be better than it is here - in Slovakia ... I am a teacher and I earn little money and we want to buy a flat and it is impossible for us nowadays

aly
25. mar 2008

Yes he is Slovak, we met in London and moved here in April las year.

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly - yeah 😀 I´ve just told my husband there are so many people with this name prepared for son 😅 I´m a bit sorry about it coz we have had this name prepared for more than two years and just now - when our baby is about to be born - it becomes so popular and common 😅

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly: I hope this won´t happen with Ester, too 😀 😝 😀

zuzanockamt
25. mar 2008

weroni ... I live in centre of Martin, it is near študentske domovy lekarskej fakulty 🙂

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly: btw, there´s just a three-week difference between our due dates 🙂

aly
25. mar 2008

I don't thin the name is that common. I think other names like Adam, Filip ... are used more offten. so don't worry. How are you feeling? (I mean pregnancy)

aly
25. mar 2008

The funny thing was that we didn't want to know if girl or boy. But last week we went for scan and our doktor told us by mistake - I felt sorry for her, she was so sorry. But we took it lovely. We thought it will be boy anyway. And for girl we wanted Elisa

weroni
25. mar 2008

zuzanocka: my grandpa lives in podhaj - Gorkeho street - just next to the kindergarten 🙂 any my aunt lives there too and my second aunt lives in Priekopa, then my cousin lives nearby the city center 🙂
Zuzi and do u know anything about the cableway? I heard it´s been reconstructed? Don´t u know when it´s going to work again?

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly: are u serious about the sex? 😅 we still have a surprise inside my belly 😀 my husband doesn´t want to know the sex and however I was sure we would find it out - I decided to keep waiting with him 🙂 at least during this first pregnancy 🙂 because when I am pregnant with my next baby I am sure I will want to know whether my first baby is going to have a baby brother or sister 🙂

what about my pregnancy - I feel as well as possible I think 😅 really, except being tired there is nothing special 🙂 Until 5th month I fell asleep everywhere and everytime - sometimes even three or four times a day 😅 and I didn´t care whether it was at visit or in the car 😀
but that was everything - no sick-feeling at the beginning of the pregnancy, no vomiting - thanks God 🙂 I am really enjoying every moment coz I find it passing very quickly 😔
Last time I visited my doctor I made her laugh when I told I would be pregnant for at least six more months 🙂

and what about u? how do u feel?

maybee
25. mar 2008

zuzanockamt, of course, that in UK is better life as here... and you don´t have baby so far.. I think, that if you have loving husband, so it will more easy, no?

aly
25. mar 2008

Well, in the beginning of my pregnancy I felt a bit sick, but I didn't womit. Than I was ok. Now I'm at home because my doctor found out problem with my cervix, and I could give birth prematurely if I stayed at work. So I'm at home for almost 2 months now. Have keep sitting or laying down most of the time. But I feel fine. Probably the only problem I have is nights, I can't sleep, have big problem fall asleep and I have to go to toilet at least 3-4 times

aly
25. mar 2008

Maybee, do you live in the UK? I can see you like it there? If so where about do you live?

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly: hm... at least u have time for relaxing 🙂 I am going to work as long as possible - my plan is until the half of May 😅 I´ll see - it depends on how I´ll feel... and the last May´s week I will finish my school so the week before I would like to learn 🙂
I hope my baby won´t be in a hurry to this world as we were told it could be either bigger or born a week earlier 😅 so I really wonder how it all will come at the end 🙂.

maybee
25. mar 2008

aly, 🙂 no no, I don´t live in UK... I live in Zilina, but maybe in future, I want go. 😉

aly
25. mar 2008

Weroni, but you should go to maternal leave 6 weeks before you are due, so if you are due in first week of june you should stay home already in the end of April, no?

aly
25. mar 2008

Maybee, so how do you know it's better in the UK? 🙂
Not in all cases, if you are lucky and find good job - maybe.
I was quite lucky, started as an au-pair, than nanny jobs and last 3 years working as dental nurse in the surgery

maybee
25. mar 2008

aly, I know a lot of people, which work and live in UK, and they never say, that in Slovakia is better life. Just on the contrary. They think, that they can earn many more money as here in Slovakia. And I think it, too... Everywhere is hard life, but I think, that in UK is better life (regarding of money)..... it is my opinion, and maybe I be wrong. 😉

aly
25. mar 2008

I'm not sure if it is still so great money-wise. When I went to the UK 1pound was 70,-Sk now it is hardly 42,-Sk So if you want to bring a lot of money you have to really work hard and live somewhere in small room, sharing house with a lot of people and believe me it's not so pleasant

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly - u´re right - I will go to ML somewhen about the half of April but I will still teach in the kindergartens 🙂 it´s just three times a week - together it makes 4 hours 🙂 so it´s ok 🙂 and - you wouldn´t believe it - when I was asked how long I will teach and I told them I would like to teach until the half of May - their reaction was "only"? 😅 canu believe it? they can be happy I am going to teach so long - but they would love me to teach also with the baby 😠 (it´s just an hour per week) - their words 🙄 terrible.
I´m really glad they are so satisfied with me and they still tell me "we won´t find such a teacher anymore" but on the other hand I would appreciate some understanding from them - there will be my school-leaving exams at the end of May and I really would like to learn before it....

aly
25. mar 2008

Weroni, you are not in Slovakia? I'm confused now?

etuska
25. mar 2008

Hi girls,I can see that the discussion is going on quite well 😉
Aly -where did you live ? And what was your job?
We want to leave Slovakia in summer-the whole family 😉There are so many things to arrange,but hopefully we will succeed. 😉

aly
25. mar 2008

I used to live in London. And my job? As I wrote earlier: started as an au-pair, that nanny jobs and last three years dental nurse in London surgery

weroni
25. mar 2008

aly: I am 🙂 But I teach English in kindergartens and privately in families 🙂 and if I feel well, I´d like to do this job as long as possible 🙂 those few lessons a week will be fine I think 🙂 but as I have already written - the last two weeks of May will be free as I have to learn and prepare for my school-leaving exams (I will finish a two-year study of "Preschool pedagogy" 🙂

weroni
25. mar 2008

etuska: where are u going to go?

etuska
25. mar 2008

we don´t know yet 😕 It should be probably England.I´ll write more later 🙂

bejby29
25. mar 2008

Donde estan las chicas espanolas?

weroni
25. mar 2008

bejby: english, not spanish 😉 😀

etus: you are about to leave SK but u aren´t sure about where to go? 😅

karolinkafe
25. mar 2008

Hello everybody
Your topic is very funny. I live in France so it is a little bit difficult for me to speak english. I can practise here with you 😀