English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

etuska
27. júl 2008

Kivec,don´t mention "goulas"-I love it 😀 -yammy thing to eat 😝

Michelle is still with my parents.We miss her a lot,but she doesn´t at all and she is enjoying her holiday in Slovakia.Next week she should go for couple of weeks to another grandma and then they will come together.Looking forward to it.

I have to fill in some more application forms,so I´d rather go now.Good night 😵 😵 😵

weroni
28. júl 2008

etuska - she had no idea and as soon as I read that writing at home I had to write her a message about it 😀 She was very surprised 😀

etuska
28. júl 2008

🙂 -Weroni
Hi girls,how are you?I´ve just had a cup of coffee and i´m going to prepare a meal for my husband as he is having a night shift tonight as well.

Love to hear from U soon.Take care

kivec
28. júl 2008

Hi Etuska, I am also filling in an application form, but for my husband, I hate doing it, but this job would be fantastic for him, so the appl.form must be perfect! I am working very hard on it. He is busy with his present job, so I am his secretary now.
And what is your husband doing,If you don't mind me asking, that he has to do night shifts?

And Weroni, it was really very nice accident with the Star. How is your little star doing, by the way?

tanja61
28. júl 2008

its great,because i learn english language 😉 who will be write with me please? 😅

weroni
28. júl 2008

kivec, thanks, she is really fine 🙂 I thank God for her at least hundreds times a day 😵 😵 😵 It´s true - a child is God´s blessing - the best and the greatest in the world. 🙂

etuska I still admire your decision just to stand up and go abroad. How many times in your life have u done this? 🙂

tanja welcome here how long have you studied EN?

etuska
28. júl 2008

hi girls
Welcome Tanja 🙂 Everyone writes to evyrone so feel free and ask anything you want to know.
Kivec-my husband is working in a company which produces glass and makes windows,so far so good,althogh I think he has already experienced "sleep deficit"-I´m not pretty sure about that expression also in English 😝 In fact he is a graduate engineer,but has no experience,therefore he has to start from "the bottom",you know.

Weroni-thanks 😅 I´m not as brave as you might think 😔 How many times have I done this?Well,the big step in my life was when I decided to go to England(I was 19 at that time),then my decision to study at a university was next one,then I got married and had a lovely baby and had to finish university and now-this is pretty big change for the whole family.

I do believe God leads us and He will hopefully bless our next steps 🙂

Kivec-what does your husband do?
Weroni-I´m quite happy about you that you realize how precious gift you have been given from Heaven 🙂 not all mums are so thankful 🙂

Tanja-where do you live?Write us something about you. 🙂

tanja61
29. júl 2008

hi girls thanks for answer,but me english is not very vell,but i want learn 😉 i live in south wales in Newport...weroni-i live in UK 3years and i still dont know english language 😖 very small speaking because i live with slovakia people and i dont know match english people...thanks very girl..... 😀

etuska
29. júl 2008

Tanja-don´t worry,your English will improve,you just need to practice it a lot 😉 Good luck

duskaf
29. júl 2008

Hello girls. I´am busy but thinking of you a lot.
Itś birthday of our eldest darling Danko. We are going to eat lotś of ice-cream because weather is hot today. Iam looking forward to go out because all the day we were at home.
Our little Filipko is shouting that he wants two straciatella ice- cream.
Veronka has just fallen asleep.
See you in the evening.

etuska
29. júl 2008

Duska-wishing you beautiful day 🙂 I´m about to send some more CVs and hopefully get a job.Our darling Michelle will come in 6 weeks,so I need to earn so money 😉
Tanja-what does your partner(husband) do?

tanja61
29. júl 2008

etuska-my partner working for tesco as picker,is very hard work 😒 but are good many..im in this moment wife in house and i have one baby one years old 🙂 but i will must working for short time...i dont know write i corect?thanks very 🙂

etuska
29. júl 2008

Tanja,do you want me to correct your sentences?: "My partner workes in Tesco as a picker.It is a very hard work,but he earns(zaraba) good money.At the moment,I´m a housewife and I have one baby,one-year-old.I should work part-time.Thanks a lot"

I think,you should buy some children´s book with a CD,for example"nursery rhymes" and listen to them and learn them,or watch fairy-tales in English (rozpravky),because English there is very simple.

Well done!!!

kivec
29. júl 2008

Hi girls, I've been busy all day yesterday and today, that's why I am joining you so late. Etuska, you asked me, what does my husband do. He is a head gardener at the clinic, where I worked, before I started my maternity leave. And he is about to start a video production business as well. He would like to do all sorts of videos (weddings, corporate videos, various events, etc.) But he needs a better payed job at the moment, that we can save some money for a better equipment.
And Tanja, it's really good, that you joined this forum, I am sure, that Etuska can help you with your English. It can only get better now. 😉

etuska
29. júl 2008

Hi Kivec,I wish you good luck in finding better paid job for your husnband and I wish the same for me and my "Darling" as well 😀

duskaf
29. júl 2008

Hello girls. I can't sleep. All the time I see a special film that happened 7 years ago when my Danielik was born. He came too early- in 31 week of my pregnancy and he was so fragile. His weight was 1880 g.
Iám so happy that he is healthy, that he is with us.

etuska
29. júl 2008

Duska,I´m happy for you too.It´s a "small" mirace,isn´t it?So,if you can´t sleep,thank tonight God for that precious gift 😉

duskaf
29. júl 2008

etuska Iam praying. I was reading the discussion of very unhappy young women. They lost babies and their pain is so big. They say: God ? No, God is not real. He couldn't look at our pains and sadness.
I am praying. God is real for me and always will be.

etuska
29. júl 2008

🙂 That´s nice what you´ve written.I feel it the same way and I do pray He will lead us in this world as we are starting a completely new life abroad.I pray that our daughter would be healthy and happy and finally we could see her in few weeks.

I think,Iĺl go to bed,because it is already too late and I have to work hard to find a new job for me.

Wishing you beautiful week 🙂

duskaf
29. júl 2008

Although it must be not easy for you but I suppose you and your family manage these days and soon you will be together.
Take care. I live in Košice so Iám near your the little sun not only in my mind.
Good night. And have a nice time.

kivec
30. júl 2008

Etuska, I wish you good luck with your job hunting. Few days ago,you wrote, that you were waiting for a phone call from nursing home. They were supposed to let you know, whether they give you a job. Is there anything new? Have they phoned?

And Duskaf, I am also happy for you and your son. I wish you all the best.

etuska
30. júl 2008

Kivec-no.they didin´t reply.It´s a shame ,but they didn´t.I´m planning to start English courses for Mums and toddlers(non native speakers-Slovak,Czech,Polish...)And of course I´m filling in lots of application forms.Hopefully,Iĺl get a job soon.Have a nice day 🙂

kivec
30. júl 2008

Etuska, that's great idea about starting those English courses. Would they pay you for it, or is it volunteer job?
Anyway, I think, that many women will be interested. It's very common, that "non native" mums don't speak very good English, as they don't socialize with native people very much.

kivec
30. júl 2008

Etuska, and I would like to ask you a favor. If you see any bad mistakes in my English, could you please correct me? If it's not a big trouble for you. Thank you. 😉

duskaf
30. júl 2008

Hello girls. We have just come from our garden. Our dad went to job, so we are at home. Boys have a fairy tale. It is quietly around me, so they are interested in watching. But soon Iam planning some activities for them.
Etuska, that's really the great idea about English courses. I will keep my fingers cross.
Kivec- thank you for your nice words too.
I would like writing more but I can´t explain my feelings in Enlish.
We brought plenty of nice apples from the garden so I must do something with them. Take care my friends.

etuska
30. júl 2008

Kivec-your English is really good,but if I notice a horrible mistake Iĺl let you know,I promise 🙂
Well,I´d like to do both-voluntary as well as paid courses,as we are really short of money.I´m going to "Citizens Advice Bureau" next week and offer these courses,but I´d like to do similar ones at home,so that I can earn some money.

At the moment,I´m filling in an application form to the local college to offer them English courses for non native speakers.

Have a nice afternoon ladies 🙂

duskaf
30. júl 2008

Etuska, it would be very nice of you to let me know my mistakes too, but soon you will be very busy with your new job, I know it.

duskaf
30. júl 2008

Have you ever seen The BABY BOOM. It was similar today. Apples and apples and apples. But my mum came and helped me so much.
Everything smell like apples.

kivec
30. júl 2008

Duskaf and what did you do with all the apples? We have one apple tree in the garden, and there are lot of apples on it,( not ready yet) so I need some inspiration, what to do with them. In Slovakia we didn't have garden, so It's new for me. 🙂 But It's really lovely to have a garden.

jana_vargova
30. júl 2008

Hi Girls,

Good idea. Not that i wouldnt have enough English at work and here in Ireland but its always good to practice. Few mistakes will be forgiven i hope.
Just to introduce myself. my name is Jana as u can c and I am married. We've got 6 months old baby called Sebastian. U can also see some pics of him in my albums. so hopefully i can join u alll. 😉