English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

norik1
4. jan 2009

I was one week skiing in Tatras so I was in insurance company only on Friday.... we´ll see tomorrow...

...and I forgot, we went for a holiday and we went ice-skating. I fell down and hit my head so hard that for few seconds I couldn´t feel my legs and arms... today was my first day without headaches and Ibuprofen 😅

etuska
4. jan 2009

Norik 😅
My husband was sick after eating X-mas dinner and we realised that he is probably allergic to sth. but we are not sure now whether it is:thyme,salmon 😕 or prawns-or just the mixture of everything. He couldn´t breathe properly, because his nose was "swollen"???-I guess this is the right word.

norik1
4. jan 2009

Yes, swollen is the right word.... and it might have been the prawns - seafood is a strong allergen... thyme and salmon not so much...

etuska
4. jan 2009

that´s why we were surprised because it started after he had eaten salmon 😒
Never mind.We are happy that it is over.Not the best part of the Christmas to remember 😅

etuska
4. jan 2009

I have to go now 😢 I´m working tomorrow. 😝 I´m looking forward to summer already 🙂 Good night.Sleep well 😵

norik1
4. jan 2009

Woooow hope he´s ok now....do you have some antihistaminics like Dithiaden at home? Or Loratadin, Zodac, Claritin... I have the same problems but in May - hay fever...

going to bed now - read you tomorrow 😎

duskaf
5. jan 2009

Hello girls. My Veronka is falling asleep so my free time is beginning.

luciauk
5. jan 2009

To everybody: Is it all right to help others with grammar? Because I dont want to seem strict and airy 😅
so...

luciauk
5. jan 2009

hi duskaf 😉

teodorka, I have learnt English for 2 years in Slovakia, but I found out it´s big difference, what they teach in SK and how they speak here. but it was good to know something about grammar. questions are usually biggest problem for everybody. well, you asked... Ako ste sa dostali do A.? How did you get to England? Here we found out, they use "get" nearly in every sentence 😀 and answer is.... my husband came here in 2005 to save some money for flat in Slovakia. but, it took quit long time, so we had to decide... if he´ll come back home or we´ll go to live here. then I took children, that time just 2 and we moved to Great Manchester. my hubby lived in Coventry, then in Northampton and me with girls in Stockport, together with his sister and her boyfriend,now spouse. after 6 months, on Christmas Eve we moved to Northampton, finally together after one and half year 🙂 There is answer for all your questions, I hope so...

We woke up and everything is white 🙂 unbelievable!

norik1
5. jan 2009

Lucy I think it´s OK to help others with grammar if they want - and according to my experience here girls always ask for help with grammar if they feel they need it.... after several years of teaching it looks like correcting essays here 😀 😀 😀
besides, you´ll never help somebody who doesn´t want a helping hand.... big truth 😉

btw, you really had "fun" travelling around UK for some time...how did you and your family manage?

duskaf
5. jan 2009

Norik. 😀
Instead of learning for an exam, Iam here. I don´t feel like learning.
I feel like sunbathing and relaxing in our beautiful garden. What are you feeling like?

norik1
5. jan 2009

Duska!!!! Stop pecking!!! Sunbathing and relaxing? Joking????? Or maybe snowbathing? 😀 😀 😀

But I understand.... everything is better then studying...I know the feeling.... 28.1 is the anniversary of my state exams... 🙂

duskaf
5. jan 2009

Sorry for my pecking 😀
But I will keep my fingers crossed. I know you´ ll definetely manage, don´t worry.
But I still need more sun, Iam without energy.
Maybe I should take some exercise. 😀

norik1
5. jan 2009

I´ll manage what? now I´m a bit lost...

etuska
5. jan 2009

Hi girls
Duska,I also wish it was summeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.I love summer and imagine that when we came to UK in July it was rainy and cloudy and the floods were here as well 😝 So I tell everybody that I have autumn now 😝 .

I think Norik had state exams few years ago 😕

norik1
5. jan 2009

Yes yes, I had state exams 5 years ago... or six? 😀

etuska
5. jan 2009

Norik 😀
The most important is that they are successfully passed. 😀

norik1
5. jan 2009

Oh yes.... all exams are over...one of the best feelings in my life he he

Duskaf you (and me too) need a holiday... somewhere at Bali or Thailand, with white sand and clear blue water... breeze in your hair... now wake up and let´s get real 😵

etuska
5. jan 2009

Norik 😀 you are so cruel 😅 😅
...but if you manage to go-take me with you! 😀 😀

norik1
5. jan 2009

chi chi my mum was at Bali in May so now when I look at her pics, it gives me energy 😵 It must have been beautiful...

teodorka
5. jan 2009

hi luciauk,
I thank for your answer.You must by wery strong woman if you lived alone with childrens in abroad.And your daughter like in school ?You must by wery happy that you together now 🙂

duskaf
5. jan 2009

Etuška , Norik it is time to pack luggage, we are travelling. Sun is waiting for us.

norik1
5. jan 2009

oh yes Duska, I only have to find my bikini somewhere....didn´t use them this summer 😀 😀 😀 wonder why .... so bikini and sunglasses - my equipment for holiday 😀

duskaf
5. jan 2009

Norik you are GREAT. 😀

duskaf
5. jan 2009

And don´t worry about stuff, we wil buy there.

etuska
5. jan 2009

Girls,I have to go to kitchen to practice my cooking skills.My idol is Jamie Olivier 😀

duskaf
5. jan 2009

My too. He is both so pedant and easy going.

norik1
5. jan 2009

Yeah but I must admit I getting a bit fed up by his Italian food obsession...always the same, pasta and basil and cheese... but at the same time I like him so I guess I´m a split personality 😀

norik1
5. jan 2009

Duskaf 😀 😀 😀

etuska
5. jan 2009

Norik-are you?