English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

karolinkafe
25. mar 2008

OH and I am frist on this page 😀 😅

weroni
25. mar 2008

karolinkafe: that´s right - u can practise here 🙂 how long have u lived in FR?

danulka2
25. mar 2008

baby ja vam len ticho zavidim ☹ . Nieco z tych viet precitam, ale malo rozumiem. Tiez chcem vediet po anglicky. My sme mali len rustinu a aj tu som uz skoro zabudla. Momentalne nemam cas chodit niekde do kurzu a samouk nie som ☹ . Som nestastny zemepan 😢

bejby29
25. mar 2008

Weroni, oh sorry, I have seen two girls writing in Spanish on this website 🙂

weroni
25. mar 2008

bejby: i don´t mind it 🙂 I started learning Spanish several months ago - I simply love this language but I had to give it up because of the lack of time... 😒 but I hope to return to it again during my ML 😀 maybe 🙂
But I still can remember some basic sentences and questions and answers 😀 such as "donde estas?" or "de donde vives?" or "como te llamas?" I hope I´ve written it right 😅
hey, by the way bejby can u translate the song "tu quieres volver"? what does it mean do u know?

mexx
25. mar 2008

Wow, great theme... So I welcome myself and I´m looking forward to talk with you all, ladies... 😉 🙂

Weroni and Karolinka - my "old friends", nice to see you... 😀

weroni
25. mar 2008

mexx: welcome 😀 another topic where we meet 😅 I start thinking there isn´t a topic we haven´t met in 😅 or - is it? 😝 😀 😀 😀

mexx
25. mar 2008

Oh, maybe there are few topics, but not much... 😀 😀 😀

lefika
25. mar 2008

how come i hadn't discovered this topic earlier? 😉
great chance to use english a bit while i'm still home 🙂

mexx
25. mar 2008

Weroni, are you going to speak English with your child or not? I´m curious... 😉 Cause I like it and maybe I wanna speak English with my child sometimes in future, but I´m not sure if it is possible for me. It is pretty hard... 😔

weroni
25. mar 2008

mexx: yes, I´m - but just when we are alone - just me and my sweetie 🙂 also going to join English songs, poems, rhymes, stories 🙂 but I can´t speak in English to my little baby while being among Slovak speaking people so I will speak EN but also SK to him (or her?) 😀 we´ll see in June 😝 😀

lefika
25. mar 2008

mexx, my daugter absolutely loves it when i read to her in english. otherwise we speak slovak 🙂 and she often watches thomas the tank engine in english 😀

mexx
25. mar 2008

Casue I heard if you started to speak some foreign language to a child, you have to speak all the time this language. And then I think it´s pretty hard... 😅 Cause I don´t know, if I´m good enough in English to handle this...

lefika
25. mar 2008

i've heard that too. that's why i didn't try. i didn't want to talk to her exclusively in english. but, i couldn't find thomas in slovak 😉 and, we have many english books for children.

mexx
25. mar 2008

I think it can´t be bad speak English at least sometimes...it can help to learn English sometimes in future. 🙂

lefika
25. mar 2008

i've heard switching languages confuses the child 😒 but i agree with you: it can't hurt hearing another language from time to time: i think saska will get used to hearing it a may remember something. it might help later when she studies english at school...i hope 😉

lenoc
25. mar 2008

Hi girls, could you please translate one sentence for me? I have to write a text in which I have to use reported speech, but I am sure, I would do a lot of mistakes in this sentence, because there is a combination of reported speech and conditional. It is for my homework. So, here is the sentence: Povedala mi, že keby to používala častejšie, je si istá, že by sa to pokazilo viac ako 4x. I have problem especially with the second half of it.
Thanks, if you can help me.

mexx
25. mar 2008

Uff, that´s out of my league... 😅 😀 I´m afraid, it is a very long time since I was on high school on my English lessons...

lenoc
25. mar 2008

Ok mexx, doesn´t matter anymore. I found a similar sentence in a book. So I hope, it will be correct.

etuska
25. mar 2008

Weroni-yeah,It´s a bit complicating,but I´m working on that.
A coordinator from an agency phoned me last week and he told me I should have a teaching job from September 2008 in England.

I have to arrange all documents,to have them translated as well-send CV,references...and so on.
So that´s why I´m not sure about the exact location yet.

It also depends on my husband´s job.So,we will see 😉

julia225
25. mar 2008

hi everybody....!!! 🙂
etuska... u already found a job?! congratulation!!!
did u found a flat yet? if yes...can i ask how much did they wanna deposit money?tha

etuska
25. mar 2008

Julia-I haven´t got a concrete job yet.They just told me in a recruitment agency that itś 99% sure that theyĺl find a job for me.
I haven´t got a clue about price of the flat in the UK. I thought that we will move to Ireland,so I only searched the prices in IRL ☹

julia225
25. mar 2008

ok...i forgot...sorry
and that agency u looking for a job by is english?or just irish?

etuska
25. mar 2008

English-I think their "base" is in London or Birmingham-I´m not sure now.But it´s definitely English.

julia225
25. mar 2008

can u out link hee?of that agency?...i,ll have a look...tha 😉

etuska
25. mar 2008

Julia-IP

etuska
25. mar 2008

..Julia,are you still dreaming about the UK? 😉

kardia
25. mar 2008

Hello I´m very happy.. ☹ and I finish..I can´t following....but I can´t 😅 I would like to learn english, I hear english CD every day to my MP3, in my jurney to the work, sometimes in office, when I go home or I hear its in my bed. Uff. Is it corect? 😅

etuska
25. mar 2008

Kardia-keep going 🙂

etuska
25. mar 2008

You just need to practice it a lot 😉