English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

etuska
4. okt 2008

Sharlotta-svata pravda 😉
Maca-aj my sme raz boli zaciatocnicky 😉 takze ak mas chut sa ucit,cas a sposob sa vzdy najde 😉

maca793
4. okt 2008

mne nikdy nešla angličtina v škole, nemám na ňu vlohy možno ma deti budú účiť

sharlotta
4. okt 2008

Maca neber to tak, ze na to nemas vlohy, len si nestretla tych spravnych ucitelov...Ked si sa dokazala naucit slovencinu, naucis sa aj najlahsi jazyk na svete po esperante...a to je prave anglictina. Mas pred nou zbytocny respekt, je to absolutne jednoduchy jazyk.

etuska
4. okt 2008

Maca-vlohy mat nemusis,staci veeelmi chciet 😉 Dufam,ze ti nasadime so Sarlotkou chrobaka do hlavy 😀

maca793
4. okt 2008

možno, ale v niečom máte pravdu, keĎ nás na strednej učila profesorka 2 roky, tak som niečo vedela, a keď sa vymenili v 3, ročníku, tak angličtina bola slovenčinou.

norik1
5. okt 2008

Hey girls - how did you skip from EN to SJ? 😀

Just found this topic and I´m sooooo happy 😀 😀 😀 Can I join?

sharlotta
5. okt 2008

Of course you can... 😉 We switched to Slovak because Maca doesn't speak English... 😉

norik1
5. okt 2008

Good reason - never too late to start 😀

etuska
5. okt 2008

Hi Norik,
Girls-how was your weekend?I´m just going to prepare a lesson plan for Tuesday.I teach as a volunteer and I miss teaching a bit 🙂 although in June ,I was sick and tired of teaching,but now I´m full of energy 🙂

Have a nice week 😵

norik1
6. okt 2008

Hi Etuska - I quit teaching 2 years ago - burnout syndrome 😀 😀 but I never taught in "normal" school...sometimes I miss it...and sometimes I wonder how can my parents teach all their life...oh, I forgot - my brother is a teacher too...crazy family.... 😵 😵

duskaf
6. okt 2008

I was a teacher on the Secondary nursing school, but it wasn´t just teaching in school. My students and me attended practical lessons in hospital too.
Now I´am on the maternity leave and Iam studying to be special teacher for the children with the mental diseases.

etuska
6. okt 2008

Too many teachers here 😀
Norik-I know what U are talking about(burn out syndrome is very common among teachers)-unfortunatelly.Therefore I have a dream-to have my own language school, where I will teach as many lessons as I´d like 😀

Now I´m going to practice my reading and writing skills again 😀 -I have to fill in some documents 😒
Have a nice day 😵

norik1
6. okt 2008

Etuska - I had a language school, just a small one but it was mine 😀 I was a director, teacher and accountant - all in one person... But it was a crazy life, from 7 am till 9 pm... I tried several teachers but I none of them was good for what I needed - I had a different approach of explaining grammar and most of my students needed lessons for graduation or entrance examinations...and then I was given an offer one cannot refuse and I quit. Tell U - had enough of explaining do/does and re-explaining basic grammar to students with 10 - 12 years of English at school...I think that every EN teacher agrees that it´s not enough to work as an au-pair in England to be a good teacher of english (don´t want to offend anyone but too much bad experience) 😵

sharlotta
6. okt 2008

Norik1 you are absolutely right. People think everybody who can speak English can teach it. You have to be "talented" to teach and to explain in a way everybody understands. There is a big difference between a teacher and a really good teacher. And our universities product useless people. They teach their students various theories but nothing really useful. 😠 😖 😅

sharlotta
6. okt 2008

produce...sorry 😅

barny
6. okt 2008

guys u are right write, if you can speak english, it doesn´t mean theat you can learn english it´s not so easy. I know 😉 what I talking about 😉 but
anyway my name´s daniela, I´ve gog 5 months old son named Simon and I´ve spend 3 years in UK

marorlinko
6. okt 2008

hi , i have lived in uk for 7years i dont think that English is a dificult language ,maybe for some people it is, spanish i have learned for 8years and i love the language, my husband is spanish, so i speak spanish at home.
i was born 6th of december so for me the 6th of dec its my lucky day.
my son orlando is sleeping , when he wake up we ll go out, cos he doesnt like to be inside for all day, he doesnt care what weather its outside, so i need to go with him.
ok girls i have to go now
have a nice day.

etuska
6. okt 2008

Sharlotta-I do believe I´m not useless as a teacher and I studied to become an English teacher 😀 in Slovakia
..but I agree,you have to be talented and also motivated to be a good teacher.

I think at the university we learned a lot of useless things,but on the other hand we had a lot of practice as well,not only boring theory. We were teaching both at primary and secondary schools + doing lot of "microteaching" and I can say we had good methodologists as well.Especially Doc.Zuzana Strakova is a great person and teacher as well-I don´t know whether U know her 😉

I do believe that methodology is important for good teachers as well 😉
Have a nice day.Keep writing 😅

barny
6. okt 2008

marolinko I think that english langugage is quite easyas well, can I have an one question Are zou still living in uk

sharlotta
6. okt 2008

Etuska I would never afford to tell that all university students and graduates are useless. I'm just angry with the system of teaching and preparing students for their job at universities. And I am also angry to realise that universities are not what they used to be and the level of education is lower and lower and teachers are treated like "nobodies" in our society. People are not motivated to be good teachers and they are not prepared to cope with agressive, hyperactive, overconfident or dull students...

etuska
6. okt 2008

Sharlotta-yes, I completely agree.I´m one of that "mad" people who like teaching and working with youngsters, but I´m not sure whether I will ever teach in a proper school as my dream is a language school 😀 (as I´ve already mentioned).

By the way,only few of my Uni classmates teach, a lot of them just moved abroad 😕

barny
6. okt 2008

peopel I love english languageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😀 😀 😀 😀

etuska
6. okt 2008

Barny-me tooooo 😀 😀

barny
6. okt 2008

etuska I wish u dooooooooood night and we have to learn our children english in any case

etuska
6. okt 2008

Barny, I do 🙂 She started attending a junior reception here in UK and she is doing quite well althougt she knows onla up to 20words.Last time she said "jeleň" instead of "lion" 😀

duskaf
6. okt 2008

I wanted to teach so much, I did so much for students and all the time I was with them, I talked to them, I helped them to find the right answers for their questions, most of them had problems, the problems I couldn´t imagine that so sort of problems can have so young girls but finally I was so disapointed, they put me down and I couldn´t believe them more.. And it was me who cry and tell myself that I must change it.
I can´t explain it. Maybe it was because of I didńt mention a line that must stay somewhere between a teacher and a student, maybe I was too young, maybe ...
And then when I started to work, after my maternity leave I tried to be teacher who does things the best it is possible, but nothing more. My family was on the firs place in my life. But my boss couldńt understand it. She wants me to write articles, to travel abroad or to attend lots of conferences. I didn´t like it. I would like stop it and never come back.
When I found out Iam pregnant. I was so happy, you couldn´t imagine how happy I was. I don´t want come back, never ever. But Iam dreaming about work, about teaching small children who have their own world, special world, not everybody can understand- that children with mental diseases are very close to my heart and because of them, because of their world, and their smiling I must finish my studying.

sharlotta
6. okt 2008

I think it's quite difficult to learn my children speaking English. But I've already bought some books for children😉

duskaf
6. okt 2008

We have a toy- Frogo is his name.- itś a green frog- He is so beautiful, my children love it. We talk with him in English and itś very nice.

etuska
6. okt 2008

Sharlotta-it´s not 🙂 I thought the same,but now when we are in UK my daughter asks me so many things and learns new words really quickly.
When in Slovakia,I was too lazy to teach her properly,but now I can see how easily kids learn new language.

Duska-you are a very special person: I do hope your dream will come true 🙂

duskaf
6. okt 2008

Etuška, thank you. The most important is we can hope.