English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

etuska
11. jan 2009

Nany-how are you?Looking forward to your journey? 🙂

nawal
11. jan 2009

Thanks I'm fine, I can't write well in english so Im leaving this topic 😀 😀

etuska
11. jan 2009

Nawal-please,don´t ☹ you shouldn´t worry about mistakes. 😉 I have ro go soon,but I´m sooooo lazy tonight to do something-but I have to ☹ 😵 😵

sisulik
11. jan 2009

nawal...come back!!!!

etus...even if its far from u, he can settle there, cant he?

etuska
11. jan 2009

Sisulik-I don´t think so,because he is here with his girlfriend and don´t want to start again on a different place.If you know what U mean.
We came here 6 months ago and told to ourselves that if sth. better will come-we´ll move agin,but now,we are quite settled here,found few friends and favourite places ,so we´d rather stay as long as we´ll have jobs.

norik1
12. jan 2009

I would go straight away, I can write, read and spaek in both languages 😀 but I don´t think we would move that far... 😀

teodorka
12. jan 2009

good morning ,everybody 🙂

kivec
12. jan 2009

Hi girls,
It was really lively here last night. 😉 Lovely! 🙂 I would love to join your chats more often but I just can't find time for it. ☹ When my little girl is asleep I have to catch up with house work. ) 😝
Norik, how are you and your lovely little son? I have read about your accident ( it's been some time ago), it must have been horrible 😲 .
And Etuska, what about your job? Is there anything new? My knoledge is that you worked as a teaching assistant few hours a week. Has anything changed? Update me please. 😉 And how is your Miska doing at school? And what about her English? I bet she has improved a lot. 😉
And I am sending kind regards to all girls visiting this theme. 🙂 I am going to do some house work and I try to come back as soon as possible to read your answers to my questions. 🙂
Read you soon. Bye for now.

sisulik
13. jan 2009

my daughter started the nursery last week and in september she should start primary school. she speaks no english but she can understand alot from hearing me and my husband communicating in english. but she is doing fine and even her teacher said, that she is picking up the new language quickly. im fine with that as i know many others who were in the similar situation.

gabii83
13. jan 2009

hi girls, i had added new photos, show it 😉 😉

sisulik
13. jan 2009

hi gabi..your daughter is sooo adorable 😉

gabii83
13. jan 2009

thank you 😵 😵 😵

teodorka
13. jan 2009

gabi,she is sooo beatiful 😵

etuska
13. jan 2009

Hi girls,
I´m just cooking lunch for tomorrow so I couldn´t resist to peep here as well 😀
Kivec-thank you for asking.Well,nothing crucial has changed in my job-I only started to work also Fridays now,so I´ve got 12,5 hours a week-not much,but it´s fine at the beginning and I do hope to have my degree verified in few month so that I´d be able to work as a qualified teacher.

Miska is fine as well.Her English is improoving step by step and I do hope it is also because we read a lot of books in both-English and Slovak.She watches some fairy tales in English-not all the time-maybe 30 minutes a day,but she just loves it 🙂 and I´m happy for her,because now she is more confident to socialize.
What about your lovely daughter.

Gabi-yes,your daughter is gorgeous as well.
Teodorka-don´t you want to add some pics of your children?
Sisulik-your daughter is the same age as mine and she starts P1 in September as well 😅

kivec
14. jan 2009

Hi Etuska,
You cooked lunch for next day in the middle of the night? 😨
It's nice to hear that you and Miska are doing well. 😉
My Esther is growing, and changing a lot. She communicates with us much more, she smiles a lot. Every time I look at her, she gives me a big smile. 🙂 But she has problems to go to sleep in the evening. Usualy she falls asleep oround 22:30-23:00. 😝 So I haven't got time for myself in the evening. I have to do all house work while she sleeps during the day. It's sometimes 3 hours. Not too bad. I have erased the old pictures and I just can't find a time to add new ones.
There is one thing that makes me worried. My matternity leave is getting shorter and I will have to go back to work soon. ☹ I don't know what to do with Estherka, because she is very attached to me and she doesn't want to drink formula milk from bottle. She drinks expressed milk from the bottle , but when I give her a formula milk, she refuses it. ☹
Gabi , you and your husband must be very proud of your beautiful daughter.
And when I go back to work I won't be able to express milk for her.
And also, I can't imagine leaving her with some strange person (I mean a childminder) all day long. The thought of it brakes my heart. 😢 And also, half of my sallary will go towards the child care. It's all wrong. 🙄 😉

gabii83
14. jan 2009

thank you girls yes we are, but now is she a little ill, and she can´t sleep, but she is so tired, always crying....

i´m so sad, tomorrow we are going once again to dr. she need other gutta in the nose

kivec
14. jan 2009

Girls, I've just read my last thread and I realised that I wrote it ,,jedno cez druhe" so that it sometimes doesn't make a sence 😀 . It's because my thoughts were much faster than my typing. And there were is so much I wanted to write in a short time. (btw. with one hand while breastfeeding) I am Sorry about that, but I am sure you are all so clever that you understand what I wanted to say. 😉

teodorka
14. jan 2009

etuska,
Igive here the photo my children tomorrov,ok? 🙂

etuska
14. jan 2009

Teodorka-all right.I´m looking forward to it 😉
Kivec-do you have to go to work "full time"????

norik1
14. jan 2009

oh Kivec, do you have to go back to work? Can´t you stay at home with your lovely young lady?

We´re fine, I just don´t know which accident you had read about 🙂 We had catastrophic Christmas, soooo many accidents ☹ If you mean his burnt leg - he´s doing fine, it´s much better and tomorrow we´re going to see his doc for the last time I hope....

Kivec, my boss (and my best friend) went back to work after six months, she was still breastfeeding. She fed her daughter in the morning, during lunch break she came home to breasfeed and then when she came home, in the evening, at night....her daughter learned to drink formula after some time, but still doesn´t like it. Her baby was breastfed till 11 months.

If you can´t come during lunchbreak, you can extract milk and leave it for her lunch - from bottle.... there are ways if you must go back to work, but it won´t be easy if you two are so attached to each other... I don´t think that you are attached less than she is 😀 By the way how are you going to manage baby, household, work, husband....? If you don´t have time for yourself and you are "at home"... please dont take it as a taunt - but you´ll be totally knackered....you know what I mean? that friend of mine has a lady who does all housework and a lady who takes care of her daughter....it´s a great help for her...but expensive 😒

kivec
14. jan 2009

Hello girls,
well, yes I will have to go back to work as my statutory matternity pay will stop in March. And we can't live from one income. ☹ Even if I worked part time and half of may part time salary would go towards the child care, it still wouldn't be enough. Therefore I have to work full time. My lunch brake is not long enough to go home and brestfeed and anyway I can't leave the building during brakes. ( I work as a care assistant and I must be present all the time.) 😝 But maybe I'll be able to express some milk during the brake.
Norik, I have no idea, how am I going to manage. Most likely we'll live in a messy household and eat fast food.😀
And you are absolutely right, that I am attached to Esther as much as she is attached to me. I know, it's going to be very hard. ☹

etuska
14. jan 2009

Kivec-have another baby asap 😀

etuska
14. jan 2009

or if you have 3,you don´t have to go to work-you´ll get quite high benefits 😉

kivec
14. jan 2009

Etuska, thank you for good advice, I'll think about it. But I will probably stay at thinking because with Esther is perfect contraception. 😀 We don't even sleep in the same bedroom with my husband as he needs a good sleep to be fit for work. 😝 😀 And Esther wakes 4-5 times during the night. I hope, it'll get better when she starts with solids. 😒

kivec
14. jan 2009

But we could maybe adopt some children. 😀

kivec
14. jan 2009

Now I noticed that I wrote brake instead of break in the previous thread, sorry! 😔

norik1
14. jan 2009

I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you and Esther... it´ll be hard but you´ll get used to it. If there is no other possibility...I mean acceptable possibility! And don´t worry, you´ll manage 😎 maybe the household won´t be like Holiday Inn but you three will be fine and together and that´s what matters 🙂

kivec
14. jan 2009

Norik 😉

kivec
15. jan 2009

I know, that many people are in worse situatin, in some countries they don't even have matternity leave. And they have to manage. And we will manage too. But I will miss my little treasure.And she will miss me. 😢

luciauk
18. jan 2009

hallo girls 😉
sisulik, don´t worry, my children couldn´t speak English and one of them was in same age, 3 years and 2 months when she started in nursery. now she´s 5 and half and she can read english books 😲 children are more clever then us 😉

I can see, there are many women from Košice, I´m from Košice as well 😀 We gonna see it next month. Last time it was in 12 months ago ☹ It will be first time, when my baby son will see Slovakia 😀