Meeting and conversation in English

lenkaziva
23. feb 2024

Hello mothers,I am looking for someone who is willing to meet regulary and speak in english with me. I’ve lived in the UK for 4years but now I don’t have so many opportunities to practise english here in BB. I am slovak mum of 15month old girl- I speak in english with her. My hobbies are nature,hikking,swimming,art, self-development and I enjoy speciality coffee.
If you are interesting to meet or have more questions please do not hesitate to write me.
Looking forward to meet you!
Lenka

taynee
23. feb 2024

something might be interesting.. and if you are interested in something... 🙂 just for a note

barka1
23. feb 2024

@lenkaziva you will do better if you speak to your child in your mother tongue, otherwise you will teach her your mistakes...but I hope you will find someone to practise English with.

lenkaziva
autor
23. feb 2024

@taynee you are right, thanks for correcting me. 😉

lenkaziva
autor
23. feb 2024

@barka1 I wasn’t asking for advice, how I should speak with my child. But you are free to comment of course. 🙂

andreadca
26. feb 2024

@barka1 "mother tongue" ? Is it correct?

barka1
26. feb 2024

@andreadca of course it is

andreadca
27. feb 2024

@barka1 I think "mother laguage" sounds better... 🙂

taynee
27. feb 2024

@andreadca A first language, native language, native tongue, or mother tongue is the first language a person has been exposed to from birth or within the critical period.

andreadca
27. feb 2024

@taynee Thank you 🙂