English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

mari.m
27. mar 2008

hi, my name is Mary, I will be anglish teacher soon ( nesxt year 😉 ).
have a nice day
bye 😉

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

Hi! Does this topic still exist??? 😲 I've forgotten about it. But anyway, hallo everybody!
Etuska, I've read you teach teenagers. Me too. You are brave that you attempt to play games with them. Preparing them for "maturita" is very hard itself. I don't have time to play games. I'm glad if they pick up some grammar and they can say a couple of meaningful sentences. 😅

etuska
27. mar 2008

Hi girls,
Welcome Mari.m-where do you study?Do you enjoz your studies?What about your future?Do you want to teach,or rather go abroad after finishing Uni?

Sharlotta-I used to do a lot of grammar exercises with them,but now after written part of school leaving exams,we have more time for speaking as this will be oral exam 🙂 So I´m happy that they can do role-plays,describe pictures and talk more.

...when talking about games,it depends how much time you have.It is easier to play games with the bigginers,as they don´t have to take exams at the end of their studies yet.

Where do you teach and for how many years?

My dream is to have a language school 🙂

fyalynka
27. mar 2008

Hi there... My name is Jana 😉 I didn´t have any idea what´s this topic about, but I´m surprised...it´s cool just
to talk in english 😉
Maybe I´m crazy, because I´m talking everyday in english...and in my free time now again 😀 😝

How are you anyway? 😉

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

I've been teaching for 5 years. I teach at private school and some students are...They are not able to understand even the difference between present simple and continuous. The problem is that they are not interested in their own grades and school leaving examination. But there are also skillful students and I like teaching them. I like teaching students who want to learn.

My dream was also to have a language school but the big competition disappointed me. 😒

etuska
27. mar 2008

Welcome Fyalynka.What do you do?...because you mentioned that you speak English every day....

Sharlotta-I know what you are talking about. 🙂 I can´t understand such people.They need a foreign language everywhere and they are not interested in it at all 😒

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

Hi Fyalynka. We are crazy, too then.

etuska
27. mar 2008

Sharlotta 😀 😀 😀 Yes,we are 😀 😀 😀 But I simply love English and I don´z mind chatting in English.Then I don´t have a feeling that I´m wasting my time 😉

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

Etuska that's what I always talk about. You need English almost everywhere. You are like illiteral without it.

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

I need to speak(write) English 'cause I don't speak much at school as they don't unerstand me or I talk to myself. I ask questions and then answer them. 😅

etuska
27. mar 2008

...that´s why I want to have a language school 🙂 When I taught in one of them,students were motivated to study and especially to talk 😉

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

You have true 😀 One of my favourite phrases 😀 I heard it in the street a long time ago and I sometimes use it. Another nice phrase is "for me, behind me" 😀

etuska
27. mar 2008

😀 😀 😀 😀
"under the dog" 😀 😀 😀

fyalynka
27. mar 2008

I´m back 🙂
etuska and sharlotta-- thanks 😉 I´m working in Ireland, so I "must" speak in english 😝
But Irish english is terrible...I don´t like it 😝 At the begin I had big problems to understand them
what are they talking about! I can speak much better now, but I have problems with writing 😒
I know many words, but I don´t know how to write them... 😅

sharlotta
27. mar 2008

Fyalynka that's ok. I was in Liverpool and I didn't understand a word. 😖

etuska
27. mar 2008

Fyalynka-I quite like Irish English,but the best one is American English.I simply love their accent 🙂

fyalynka
27. mar 2008

etuska-- Now it´s ok, after 3 years I know the words with their accent, but sometimes can happen that I´m
really lost 😝 ☹ I hate to speak by the phone, it´s more difficult for me.
Have you been in America??? 😅

fyalynka
27. mar 2008

girls...I have to go off, I´m going to prepare dinner for me ( just some fruit) 😅 and after I´m going to
watch my favourite "soap opera"...I completly fell in love with "Ordinacia v ruzovej zahrade" 😀 😀 😀
I´ll be back maybe tomorrow morning 😉
Have a nice evening 😉

weroni
27. mar 2008

hi girls, what a crazy day today 😔 totally tired... tomorrow? the same but it looks like I´ll see the maternal clinic I would like to give a birth at - in Topolcany. We are going to take a look at one car we would like to buy and it´s not far from TO so we´ve decided to visit both places 🙂
That means - no school tomorrow 😀 and I´d also love to go swimming - what I couldn´t today as we had a busy day...

fyalynka
28. mar 2008

Halooooo...is anybody here??? 😕 😕
How are U 2day? 😀 I´m so lazy 🙄 I have afternoon shift today, I´ll finish at 10pm tonight 😝
Now I´m going to cook something, because when my darling come from work...will be so hungry...like
usually 😀

karolinkafe
28. mar 2008

Hi everybody 😉
Weroni I live in France since 2004 😉 and i love this country, french language.... ALL. But I speak only french (or slovak 😉 ) and it is a little bit difficult for me to speak english. I understand all, but if I have to say something...... 😀 And to say that english was my first language at school 😅

charlinka
28. mar 2008

Good afternoon, I am just courious abou state examination. Is it hard to pass them?? I am getting quite nervous about them, my conversation is ok but its worst with a grammar, and I dont know what to expect there. Can someone get me some tips??

pezincanka
28. mar 2008

Hi girls, I have not been here for a while. How would you translate: "v detstve a v dospelosti". I mean is "in childhood and in adulthood" correct?

etuska
28. mar 2008

Hi everybody!
Pezincanka-can be 😉
I´ve just came from work.I was also shopping a bit with my mum and now I´m waiting for my darling to come from aa kindergarten/nursery/with our daughter.
He is writing his diploma thesis,so you can imagine the mess we have everywhere 😠 😝 😀

It seems that weather will be fine this weekend hopefully 😉

not to forget-note for all the teachers here-Congratulations you this special day! 🙂 I´ve got a rose from my class.That was really nice from them. 😅

annili
28. mar 2008

Hi girls!

What a great idea to improve our language skills in this way. I am a member here for a guite long time but I have never noticed this topic before. You are great. I am finishing UNI this year and then I´ll probably become an English teacher or I´ll find a better -paid job hopefully.

ok, I have to go now. See you tommorow. Have a nice weekend 😉

weroni
29. mar 2008

hi again after a day - yesterday we had a very busy day so as we arrived home at about 11:00 pm and I was pretty tired - I didn´t check it here at all, just now...

But - I saw the maternity clinic where I would like to give birth to our first child 🙂 I was amazed - it was very nice and modern, the tube I´d like to give birth in looks great so I am satisfied 🙂
The only "little problem" is the distance - it´s 77 km far from our home... But we made it in an hour so let´s hope it´ll be all right 😀 😝

pezincanka
29. mar 2008

Weroni, which clinic have you chosen?

etuska
29. mar 2008

Hi ladies.How was your Saturday?I cooked lunch already in the evening,so we could go with a friend of mine and my daughter to a nearby town shopping. 🙂

charlinka
29. mar 2008

Good evening, I had very lovely day today. We went to wellnes centrum to have some relax - if you can say that with a toddler 😉 - and it was very nice. Water was warm, and I love it there so much.
Want it to ask, can some one answear a question i have asked earlier?? about state examination?? I am so nervous about it. ☹ Thank you.

etuska
29. mar 2008

Charlinka-don´t worry,you ĺl pass it.It wasn´t easy,but I´m sure youĺl do it 😉 Iĺl keep my fingers crossed for you.When is "the judgement day" 😀 ?