English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

etuska
25. okt 2008

maybe it will be a scarf 🙂

duskaf
25. okt 2008

Etuška, Iam laughing, it is a circle now. 😀

etuska
25. okt 2008

duska-well done,you are approaching the right shape 🙂

etuska
25. okt 2008

good night everyone 😵

weroni
26. okt 2008

hi girls 🙂

duska I think it´s "knitting" - but as I don´t understand the difference between "hackovat" and "strikovat" I am not sure about this translation but "knitting" is "strikovat" 😉 but maybe it could be used to discribe "hackovanie", too 😀

kivec, that´s great - Ester still wakes twice or three times a night but as she sleeps with us in our double bed, I just offer her my breast and we both keep on sleeping 😀 😝
Yes, I still do carry her, we simply love it 🙂 actually, we almost don´t use the pram 🙂 just sometimes, when my husband takes her out as he is still afraid of carrying her 😅 he needs some more time but we will try to tie her with him soon 🙂
what about u? do u use your sling? does Esther like it? I must tell u that our sling makes me enjoy motherhood in the best way 🙂 I can feel my little sweetie, kiss her whenever and wherever 🙂 😵
we also go for walks in the sling, actually, we go in the sling everywhere 🙂

kivec
26. okt 2008

Hi Weroni, I also carry Esther in the sling from time to time. But we mostly use the pram. I am not sure, if carrying is good for her spine, so I only do it occasionally. I carry her, when we go for longer walk somwhere in the woods. And she likes when she is facing the world. Even, when she doesn't hold her head perfectly yet, it works well. 🙂

weroni
26. okt 2008

kivec if u tie the sling properly so the carry isn´t too loose, then it´s good for her spine which kind of carry do u use most?
We used to use the "cradle carry" until Esterka was three months, then we started using "front cross carry" where we touch belly to belly 🙂

etuska
26. okt 2008

Hi girls 🙂

weroni
26. okt 2008

etuska your "hi girls" looks like start of the night chat 😀

etuska
26. okt 2008

Weroni-yeah,but only a short one as I´d like to do more things tonight-like prepare another "lesson plan" and translate one document 🙂

duskaf
26. okt 2008

Hi girls. 😵

etuska
26. okt 2008

Hi Duska-it´ s funny,how we jump from one topic to another 😀

etuska
26. okt 2008

What about U?How was your weekend?I finally got an e-mail from one of my friends and she responded to my question about another baby.And I thing she was the only person who recommend me to wait with another baby as Miska is a big girl now and I plan to start "full-time " job next year here in UK

etuska
26. okt 2008

That was also my intention before we came here-to earn some money and than come back in 2-3 years and "broaden" the family 🙂 .

etuska
26. okt 2008

girls,as I don´t like to speak to myself,I´d rather prepare the lesoon plan and check whether U ad something later.Take care 😵

kivec
26. okt 2008

Hi girls,
Weroni, we use the ,,front cross'' knot, and Esther likes when she is towards me with her back, so that she faces forward. I tie the knot properly, so she is fixed well and her back is straight. She doesn't like belly to belly position, only when she wants to sleep. So when I see that she is getting tired, I turn her around and she can sleep. 🙂

Etuska, we also intended to earn and save some money here and go back home, but the life here is so expensive, that we don't manage to save much. ☹ So we have to stay here, because there is no point to go back home without money and we would have problem to find a job at home anyway. 😅 But fortunately we like it here and we are pleased that Esther can grow up here and go to shool here. I thing that schools here are much, much better than slovak ones. What you think? 😉

etuska
27. okt 2008

Kivec-I can´t compare now as I´m still at home waiting for the Police check 😠 ,but Iĺl tell you as soon as I start 🙂
I´ve just finished my 1st draft lesson plan for Tuesday evening lesson.It ´ll be about jobs(presenting new vocabulary + how to write a good CV)+ some adjectives and the second lesson, I´ll focus on the Healoween topic.Good night 😵 🙄

norik1
27. okt 2008

Hi girls 😵
was soooo tired yesterday I couldnt join you in your discussion 😵 we went for a trip to Vysne Ruzbachy for a little swim, took our friends with us (its sooo lovely there, let´s go) and guess what happened - the pool was out of order... air condition broke down.... but I found out that my son is just about to have his first tooth - his gums are white and itchy thats why heś so nervous....and he also started turning around - from back to belly and back - but now I can´t leave him for one second alone since he is a dangerous little man and he does it so quickly...

we use "babyvak" for carrying and he loves it soooo much....its a very good thing, you can go wherever your pram cant.....

norik1
27. okt 2008

Anyone here? No? 😀

weroni
27. okt 2008

kivec, pls don´t be angry with me but it´s not healthy for kids to be carried with their face towards the world 😨 just because of their spine - their spine should stay in the C-letter shape so they shouldn´t be carried in ways when their spine is straight. That´s why it´s written so much about how the classic "kangaroo carriers" are not good for children and why kids should be carried tummy to tummy. But if you carried Esther in some kind of cradle carries, for example in the cross cradle carry - she would see much and her spine would be ok 😉
Try to take a look here if u like:
http://vbavlnce.cz/index.php?kat=1&cln=6&gst=1&...

http://vbavlnce.cz/index.php?kat=1&cln=6&gst=1&...

😉 🙂

norik I´ve seen it among your pics 🙂 I used to use it as the first carrier - but as I really do carry my daughter very much, it wasn´t very comfy 😒 I loved it very much, but it was only good for short time, when I carried Ester for more than two hours, I had terrible back aches 😒

norik1
27. okt 2008

yes, tried it today 😀 we are about having first teeth so Filip is angry and nervous, wanted to be carried all day hi hi

norik1
28. okt 2008

hmmm...nobody whole day? girls you are neglecting yourenglish 😀
what - preparing xmas presents already?
Etuska - how was your job lesson today?

charlinka
28. okt 2008

Hi, I havent been here quite long time. 🙂
One question...do you think that if you speak english its a plus for getting a job? I am looking for a job, but all the companies want somebody who speaks germany or hungary ( I live in south west slovakia) so I am getting the feeling that I can put my english knowlage somewhere deep in the wardrobe and start to learn different language. What is you experience?

kivec
28. okt 2008

Hi girls,
Norik, I am sorry that you always come when nobody is here. ☹ 😀 Yesterday you wrote, that your Filipko wanted to be carried all day. Did you carry him in your arms or in the baby vak? By the way, I have to change the carrying position for Esther because Weroni said that the position we were using is not good for baby's spine. ☹ So Esther has to get used to different position. I hope she will adjust to it.
And how is your scrapbooking going?

norik1
28. okt 2008

Sometimes I feel that I dont come here only one evening and THT´S the one... 😀 😀 he he nevermind.... Scrapbooking is going......well it´s not going 😀 last few days didnt have much time thanks to Filipko´s teeth...

If he wants to be carried, he doesnt care how but he´s much calmer when he´s in baby vak...carried in arms he´s turning around touching everything... in babyvak he falls asleep within minutes 😀

weroni
28. okt 2008

norik I know it - falling asleep in the sling 🙂 what a magical invention 😀

kivec don´t worry, your little star surely will get used to the correct position 😉

kivec
28. okt 2008

Weroni, I believe so. I am going to start tomorrow and we will see how it goes. 😉

weroni
28. okt 2008

ok kivec, let me know then ok? 🙂

kivec
28. okt 2008

Weroni, OK 😉

etuska
28. okt 2008

Hi girls,I´m back from my English lesson 😝 It was a tough work-I mean preparation and everything around it ,but I do have a better feeling tonight 😀

And now I can see, how horribly I have written the word Halloween before-shame on me! 😀
Girls,sometimes I envy you because you can carry your babies-mine 4-year-old is just tooooo big and heavy now 😀

Charlinka-I recommend U to practice your English otherwise you´ll forget it.Don´t worry,there are still many companies which prefer English 😉