English writing

meggi
28. apr 2007

Let´s write in English. I would like to improve my English. I have daughter Caroline, she is 7 month old. What will you do during this week-end?

annili
17. apr 2008

hi ladies,

could i join your busy club?

weroni, my school leaving exams are from 19th to 23rd May, too. Do u study at CPU in Nitra? I study English language and literature and Pedagogy there.

I am also sick and tired of school. Anyway, I am looking forward to study for my exams. This is a very energy- consuming job - teaching, i thought

See you later, bye

etuska
17. apr 2008

Charlinka-Slovak spectator is a magazine written in English,mainly about Slovakia 😉

weroni
17. apr 2008

charlinka: Slovak spectator is newspaper that writes about everyday affairs in SK - but it´s written in English. It´s possible to be bought in Bratislava but I have never seen it elsewhere 😕
Take a look here: http://www.spectator.sk/
🙂
I think it´s very helpful when u are preparing for such an exam 🙂 and - they use articles from SS at the second part of the exam - oral exam. U read a short article (from this newspaper - you choose one from a pile) and then you must retell them what it is about.

what about jeopardize - I remember it because the teacher pronounced it wrong and I had no idea what it could be 😀

etuska
17. apr 2008

weroni-I´ve seen magazine with the same name????? 😕 😕 😕

weroni
17. apr 2008

annili:
what a fun! the same dates of our exams 😀 No, I don´t study in NR, I study in Ba - it´s a private pedagogic school - it´s not a university but a two-year study that u can take just when you already finished a high school - so you need to have "maturita" to study here. We call it "pomaturitne studium" 🙂 and it takes two years - so this is my second and the last year 🙂
Actually, I´ll have second "maturita" after finishing this school - it´s something like teaching basics - it allows me to teach 🙂

weroni
22. apr 2008

hey, what´s up? Is it dying here? 😕

etuska
22. apr 2008

it seems you are right Weroni 😀 I´m almost dead and had to take a nap,just about to go to take shower ,tidy up a bit and prepare for another day ☹ I´m so exhausted...I take some pills/ginko biloba 😉 to be fit,but I really don´t know whatś the matter 😒
And what about you?Have a nice rest of the week 😉

sisulik
22. apr 2008

you can get the Slovak spectator even in Kosice... 😉

etuska
22. apr 2008

yes Sisulik-you are right 😉

weroni
22. apr 2008

etuska - I feel very tired, too - but I´ve had this feeling for last several days... maybe the pregnancy week 34? 😝 😀 😀
My maternity leave starts this Saturday, by the way 🙂 but I decided to finish this month - because of the kindergartens... anyway, they still aren´t satisfied - I think they´d be happy if I gave birth there while teaching 😅
But I don´t care - I simply wanna enjoy the last weeks with my beautiful tummy 😀
So since the next month I´ll teach just twice a week and those two days are just half-full - I teach just from three to eight - it´s fine. I´ll give just lessons to the students who come to me - I won´t travel anymore.

etus, wish u much new energy and the same to me 😀

etuska
23. apr 2008

Weroni 😀 😀 😀 thinking of the coming weekend I feel even better 😉

weroni
24. apr 2008

etuska - this time I also can´t wait the weekend... today I visited my dr and she gave me some antibiotics ☹ I am very unhappy because of that but she told me I would hurt my baby much more if I don´t take pills... I´ve got terrible cough, my throat and nose is full of mucus, my nose red of blowing and my eyes? no comment... I look like a drug addict 🙄
I was supposed to go to school tomorrow and I also should have two lessons but I won´t leave my bed tomorrow - I´ll relax...

etuska
24. apr 2008

Weroni- ☹ I´m sorry for that.Yes,you are right,you should stay in bed and relax 🙂

weroni
25. apr 2008

etus - I did so 🙂 I was also sleeping for about two hours today - not too much but enough for me to feel better 🙂
and what about u? your work? still so busy?

etuska
25. apr 2008

Hi Weroni 😉 Yeah,a busy weekend is coming ☹ ,but today we relaxed a bit with my darling and our daughter. She was drawind pictures with chalk on the pavement and then playing with stones. The pavement was so warm that we walked on it barefoot 🙂 -what a pleasure

kacenka83
25. apr 2008

Hi girls 🙂
May I join you, please? I have found out that you are good at English, I will ask for your help... I am going to translate my Bachelor work into English 😖 so I think some help will be needed 😎

etuska
25. apr 2008

Kacenka,are you translating the whole bachelor work,or do you need only translation od the abstract? 😉

kacenka83
25. apr 2008

etuska, the whole Bachelor work 😒 ☹ 😨

etuska
25. apr 2008

😒 It´ll be hard worh though 😒 Why do you need to translate it????
I wrote my diploma thesis in English and it was quite good.But I can´t imagine to translate the whole work from Slovak to English

kacenka83
25. apr 2008

etuska, the reason is that I study Foreign Trade and Marketing at private university and they are sending these works abroad - France, London, ... in case we would like to get a job in those countries, they just ask for my work in their registry and make a picture about me and my knowledge...

etuska
25. apr 2008

😒 -thatś strange.I don´t think many people read these works 😒 How much time do you have for that?

kacenka83
25. apr 2008

one week only 😒 I didnt have much time to do it yet...

etuska
25. apr 2008

I have similar problem-about 9 days to correct and mark 36 "school leaving exam" essays 😒

kacenka83
25. apr 2008

uff, so you will be busy next 9 days... but on the other hand, you might have also fun by reading them 😉

etuska
25. apr 2008

believe me ,I have enough of these essays for the rest of my life 😀 I correct hndreds of them,so I´m sick and tired .I´d better go now and start working while my daughter is fast asleep

weroni
25. apr 2008

etuska: where do u live when your daughter could play outside? Here, in Velke Ulany it was sunny until about 1 or 2 pm then such a great rain came... it´s been raining since that up to now....

by the way - it´s not very healthy to walk barefoot on something flat - like pavement or floor - feet suffer 😉 but - it´s very good to do so on grass or little pebbles 🙂 it makes your feet muscles train and it prevents flat feet... 🙂
I also don´t have to talk about what a nice feeling it is 😉 I love walking on grass 🙂

I see some bachelor works are being translated here 😉 some days ago I translated my friend´s abstract - it was about hungarization 😅

etuska
25. apr 2008

...Weroni,I know that is not ideal,but I simply couldn´t help myself and we also did walk barefoot on grass a bit,but it was really cold.
I phoned with my friend who lives near Nitra and she told me the same. But in the eastern Slovakia it was quite warm even in the late afternoon. I live near the High Tatras 😀

etuska
25. apr 2008

....talk 2 U later,have to work now 😉

weroni
25. apr 2008

etus - then you have a great air to breathe 🙂 It must be nice to live under such mountains 🙂 My father´s family lives in Martin - that´s also right under mountains and I love spending some days there 🙂 we used to spend some holidays there with my sister when we were children 🙂

etuska
25. apr 2008

well,in fact we can´t see the mountains -they are about 60kms far,but there are some lower mts. around our town. And yes,we do breathe fresh air,because there is almost no industry in our region.
See U 😀